Our Premium Audit department is seeking an Administrator to perform administrative duties and provide support for all areas of Premium Audit. This is a great opportunity to gain knowledge of the insurance industry, and we are looking for a motivated professional that can provide an outstanding customer experience to our community, while being a great team player!
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this job is to assist the premium audit team with administrative tasks and to act as the liaison between the Company and the insured/agent. This position exists to answer customer inquiries while ensuring excellent customer service in alignment with Company standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides technical support to the billing function.
- Produces accurate and timely billings.
- Acts as a customer service representative between the Company and the insured/agent.
- Processes interim, revised interim, final, revised final, and checks audit billings.
- Calculates audit billings manually when necessary for accuracy.
- Processes cancellations and reinstatements as required.
Assists audit team when necessary.
- Completes Audit Processor duties when applicable.
- Assists in preparing physical expiring, cancelled, interim, and service audit assignments for outside auditors.
- Enters physical audit assignments into the inventory for tracking purposes.
Performs departmental administrative tasks.
- Processes letters and other items as requested.
- Handles incoming phone inquiries and communicates information between insured and Underwriting.
- Manages data entry input to mainframe systems.
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Minimum 1 year of experience working in an office setting in any capacity is a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Office environment no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: None.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.