PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Exciting new leadership opportunity within our Customer Experience team. The Director, Customer Relationship Manager will develop, manage and execute enterprise-wide Customer Relationship Management (CRM) strategies and programs. This position structures CRM activities with a view of maximizing Key Performance Indicator (KPI) improvements, Return on Investment (ROI), and business impact. The position will engage with key customers by building and preserving trusting relationships. This position exists is to focus on customer loyalty and retention strategies to ensure the company can make the most out of customer experience opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develops and delivers enterprise-wide CRM strategies and programs encouraging customer retention and customer loyalty.
- Partners with technology leaders to direct day-to-day decisions regarding implementation, ongoing development, and support of the CRM Salesforce.com (SFDC) platform.
- Directs full end-to-end deployment of CRM projects including audience strategy, segmentation, quality process, automated workflows, ad-hoc scheduling.
- Initiates, prioritizes, manages work, and directs projects vital to delivering a system that meets the growth and operational needs of the company.
- Leads the functional design and partners with technology team in the development of CRM applications using Salesforce including structures and architecture ensuring it works seamlessly across the organization and captures all required information at key points in the customer life cycle.
- Identifies, assesses, and documents business requirements; recommending business priorities and advising business on options, risks, and costs verses benefits of various solutions.
- Develops and maintains a five-year strategic plan with direct accountability for ROI. Manages key vendor relationships and databases in formulating strategies and strategy execution.
- Develops CRM strategies to drive maximum ROI, provides strategic guidance and drives alignment with leaders on CRM strategies.
Leads customer journey mapping and service blueprinting efforts to enable, capture, and optimize all CRM elements.
- Develops strategies for testing all aspects of CRM and ensuring the most effective approach to customer relationships is taken.
- Maps customer journeys by analyzing touch points along a pipeline and maximizing commercial opportunities with this information.
- Develops and teaches Customer Journey Mapping, analyzing touch points with the organization and maximizing commercial service blueprinting.
- Monitors and maximizes customer lifetime value strategies ensuring maximum profitability.
- Cultivates knowledge of the competition and strategizes accordingly. Ensures the CRM system provides an effective sales funnel.
- Optimizes all elements of CRM including omni-channel solutions, customer service management, and change management to drive operational efficiencies to deliver a better customer experience.
Collaborates with all departments to ensure the CRM works effectively for all aspects of the company and ensure all staff preserve relationships with customers.
- Collaborates with senior leaders and key stakeholders focusing efforts on leading multi-phased implementation, training, and daily administration of Salesforce.com as the chosen CRM, including all unilateral and bilateral integrations.
- Serves as subject matter expert for SFDC and integrated tools and processes.
- Partners closely with IT to better understand all CRM feeds and data flowing in and out of CRM program management tools, identifying and resolving any issues that arise.
- Coordinates the implementation of CRM campaign management tools including integration with IT department.
- Partners with internal users to learn their business, business processes, challenges, and objectives. Establishes channels for feedback from end users to provide ongoing insight into current design.
- Partners with business units to leverage IT resources to better understand customer experience, development opportunities, and potential improvements while providing strategic recommendations.
Leads CRM projects and introduces new capabilities to meet emerging business needs.
- Owns management of CRM implementation and enhancement solutions by ensuring requirements and success criteria are established, project schedules are being created and met or adjusted as appropriate and communicating with partners.
- Develops testing strategies for all aspects of the CRM to ensure the most effective approach for the company and its products.
- Analyzes the impact a process change may have on the system and guides process definitions accordingly.
- Develops formal business cases to support CRM recommendations and enhancements. Articulates the big picture and questions assumptions of the current approach.
- Shares new and emerging CRM best practices across the business to give a competitive edge over competition in customer acquisitions
- Acts as a change advocator, innovator, and creator of compelling technology roadmaps.
- Creates and identifies ways to improve CRM metrics and KPIs.
Develops and supervises a team of CRM professionals, once established.
- Provides daily direction to CRM team and guidance to other CX professionals. Communicates Mission, Values, and other organization operating principles to direct reports.
- Establishes and maintains the overall work cadence and, in partnership with department leadership, ensures performance and outcomes strive for excellence in delivery and customer experience. Ensures that the entire team is engaged, and that leadership practices team encourage development, recognition, and retention.
- Establishes and adheres to hiring criteria, on-boarding and training requirements for incoming staff.
- Oversees the performance management and development process for the team and performs performance management duties, development planning and coaching for direct reports.
- Acts as a resource for the entire Customer Experience Department to answer questions and solve complex problems.
- Manages CRM team budget, technology and other resources, workload and drives journey mapping and other customer experience services. Ensures adherence to all Company policies and procedures and Compliance responsibilities.
- Ensures data quality, adherence to IT security guidelines, profitability and other risk-related metrics for self and members of the team.
Directly supervises employees within the CRM team and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. These responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; conducting performance and salary reviews; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; coaching, mentoring, and developing team members to further their skills and knowledge; creating and monitoring development plans; setting performance expectations/goals; forecasting staffing needs and planning for peak times and absences; enforcing department policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university required with a major or emphasis in Marketing, IT Business Administration, Finance, or related field.
Minimum 8 years of progressive experience in CRM, customer experience and analytics processes and systems, particularly Salesforce.com sales/service required. Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience required.
Previous profit and loss (P&L) experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred. Six Sigma Green Belt or above preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Excellent analytical capabilities to breakdown complex technical tasks into executable and measurable steps. Adept at dealing with complex customer relationships and developing resolution to critical matters. Understanding of business process reengineering and business modeling concepts. Comprehensive knowledge of various project management, process improvement and system development life cycle methodologies. Innovative and strategic thinking skills, including industry-wide knowledge and understanding of technology processing systems. Proven skills in building relationships and influencing people across the organization to break down barriers and foster collaboration. Group facilitation skills, negotiation skills and presentation skills demonstrated through successful experience. Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task. Strong background in customer acquisition, re-engagement, and retention strategies. Confident and articulate communicator capable of inspiring strong collaboration in an organization. Clear understanding of how to leverage consumer behavioral, transactional, and demographic data. Strong business acumen and analytical skills coupled with project and planning skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience working with cross-functional teams, and presenting to leadership. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Visio, Excel, Project and PowerPoint. Ability to apply principles of logic to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Strong customer service orientation. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail. Quick learner and results oriented.
Office environment no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position maps to the Manager level. Additional competencies required: None.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.