PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this job is to prepare and analyze financial information to provide accurate and useful information to Management for review and decision making. This position exists to ensure accounting processes are completed thoroughly and accurately, while aligning with Company standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Prepares and analyzes financial statements and reports.
- Prepares income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements, and various other accounting statements and reports.
- Analyzes financial reports and records, making recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Maintains, records, and reconciles daily cash receipts and cash disbursement.
- Conducts special studies and develops or recommends new or improved methods and procedures.
Resolves discrepancies and proves reconciliations.
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Assembles, creates, and reconciles month-end accounting entries resolving discrepancies.
- Posts and proves the general ledger.
- Proves bank reconciliations and solves related bank problems.
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; Accounting, Finance, or related degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum 5 years of experience in General Accounting, A/P, or A/R clerical and/or entry level Accountant positions. Experience with automated accounting and financial management systems. Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) regulations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and interact effectively with management, employees, and auditors. Must have the ability to convey complex financial issues to non-financial users. Ability to work independently and meet stringent deadlines. Ability to collect, analyze, and summarize data and to prepare clear and concise reports. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
Office environment no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: None.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.