Avail - Product Designer - UI/UX
Avail (affiliate company of Allstate) is a new car sharing platform focused on improving mobility and reducing the cost of car ownership. We give car owners a way to earn extra income from their idle cars and connect drivers with a convenient, affordable way to drive a car when they want.
The Product Designer uses their user-centered design skills to help frame problems and provide innovative, interaction design solutions that meets user needs while fulfilling key business objectives. They are comfortable working on concepting and early discovery work, as well as iterating on a existing product. Collaboration and communications is core to their approach to ensure focus and effectiveness delivers success. Their ultimate goal is to deliver value to end-users as quickly as possible and to help Avail build a personal transportation platform.
- Creates holistic design solutions that address business and user needs by considering the end to end customer experience.
- Communicates conceptual ideas and rationale clearly to generate high-quality feedback.
- Create user flows, design documentation, prototypes, design assets, and other UX deliverables.
- Leverages research insights and behavioral analytics to identify opportunities for continuous improvements.
- Defines UX and UI requirements to execute a consistent experience across touchpoints.
- Contributes to evolving the core design system.
- Contributes to maturing the design practice for the organization.
- 4-5 years of professional experience within the product design discipline.
- Proficient using Sketch, Adobe Suite, Figma and prototyping tools (Marvel, inVision).
- Prior experience in ecommerce or two-sided marketplaces is a must.
- Portfolio showcasing a range of dynamic web and mobile applications.
- Passion for solving customer needs through design.
- Solid understanding of the design process, information architecture, and usability best practices.
- Self-motivated to drive projects forward that have an undefined direction.
- Demonstrates ability to use a range of approaches (e.g. sketch, exemplars) to communicate design intent.
- Experience working in an Agile methodology and within a multi-disciplinary pod model.
- Comfortable co-leading teams through the product design phase.
- Strong communicator possessing presentation and verbal & written communication skills.
- Exceptionally organized and very comfortable working with engineering leads and product managers.
- Comfortable in collaborative design environments. Able to iterate designs quickly and take & apply feedback to shape designs alongside other design colleagues.
- Can demonstrate a design portfolio of past work with low and high-fidelity demonstrations of design capabilities.
- Bachelors degree in design, computer science, information sciences, psychology, human factors and or HCI preferred. Masters degree a plus.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.