Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryAdvocates for and improves the experience and outcomes for consumers of infrastructure services. Provides overall infrastructure technology user experience direction, strategy and planning for functional areas within Infrastructure and Cloud Services. This individual will support multiple technologies and will, at times, be hands-on with research, design, usability and change management.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish active governance with intentional change management, framework, measurement and best practices for a customer-centric infrastructure end user experience and service management
- Helps to drive an integrated infrastructure end user experience strategy in collaboration with other functional area leaders
- Evangelizes user-centric focus and serves as the key point of accountability for technologies across Infrastructure and Cloud Services that have a high level of end user interaction and require active management and governance (i.e. licenses, mailboxes, SharePoint, file shares, TEAMS artifacts)
- Educates organizational leaders on research and design insights, approaches, and methods
- Recruits and grows engineering end user experience capability and practice providing vision, coaching, and mentorship
- Creates a dynamic team environment by fostering collaboration, experimentation, agility, and vigorous inquiry, while maintaining high expectations and attention to detail
- Leads adherence to strategic best practices while reinforcing technology standards and collaborating across the enterprise to promote these standards.
- Establishes and ensures adherence to infrastructure end user experience guidelines across portfolios, programs, and projects.
- Develops and optimizes processes for end user experience resource engagement with agile teams
- Sets direction for usability testing and guides research and analysis, informs stakeholders and senior management on outcomes
- Has awareness of enterprise strategies and impact on business segments or functional area of responsibility
- Utilize technology to develop or enhance the organization's processes
- Drives delivery and ensures quality of artifacts that include personas, journey maps, user workflows, information architecture, wireframes, and interactive prototypes, within project timelines and budgets
- Staff management functions include, but are not limited to, coaching, training, planning and performance management in a supportive, team oriented, collaborative manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, technology, psychology, human factors, social sciences or related field or 7 years of User Experience work experience required
- Previous management experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Typical incumbent experience level 10+ years.
- 5+ years' experience managing User Experience practitioners.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- 5+ years experience with end user design and testing and 10+ years in user experience focused technology delivery
- Outstanding communication, organization, time management and interpersonal skills
- Extensive knowledge and skill in using and applying a wide variety of usability research techniques
- Familiarity and experience with infrastructure and cloud technologies
- Proven ability to instill infrastructure engineering end user experience as a core value within a large, matrixed organization's culture
- Expert in conducting end user research and interviews
- Wide degree of creativity and problem-solving abilities
- Thorough knowledge of collaboration and workforce technologies (e.g. M365) ?
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.