Director, Software Engineering
The Director, Software Engineering is responsible for delivering large scale software projects for Assurants Global Vehicle Warranty services. This role will make major technology decisions (e.g. upgrade decisions, major architectural decisions, establishment of coding standards) to deliver business value, as well as hiring and managing team members. They must have an extensive technical background, as well as excellent communication, influencing, and mentoring skills, which enable him/her to serve as a servant leader to our engineering teams.
- Lead application development teams for SaaS based cloud applications which involved technologies like Salesforce, MuleSoft, Oracle, Informatica, Azure, etc.
- Meets scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Set direction for and assign responsibilities to technical and non-technical individuals on projects or cross-functional team. Proactively partner with technical advisors and consultants during execution of plan.
- Ensure IT is adequately resourced in support of the business priorities (negotiate augmented or incremental resource needs with appropriate stakeholders).
- Steer delivery teams to meet service commitments for on-time, on-budget and meeting or exceeding business expectations.
- Remains abreast of developments in the cloud application development field.
- Monitor customer service level standards and ensures that customer needs are being met.
- Resolves disagreements regarding technical requirements for interdependencies across teams.
- End-responsibility for service quality and security for capability/solution.
- Manage technical vendors, where appropriate.
- Manage teams with up to 30+ developers.
- Travel up to 20%.
- 10 years of technology experience including 6+ years experience managing Information Technology teams
- Experience with managing complex IT organizations, environments and projects.
- Must have experience with cloud-based solutions.
- 5+ years of experience with at least some of the following in a team leadership capacity is necessary: SalesForce.com, Oracle Big Machines, Informatica, MuleSoft. Azure, Custom Software Development (Java/J2EE, .Net), etc.
- Experience working with the business users, understand their needs and translate those needs to the final project deliverables.
- 5+ years of experience multi-tasking and juggling multiple projects and customers demands simultaneously
- 4+ years working in an Agile development environment
- Knowledge of continuous delivery practices, DevOps, CI/ CD, etc.
- 5+ years of experience monitoring staff performance results and addressing problem behaviors to achieve improvement
- Excellent communication skills; ability to translate technical concepts into non-technical terms
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related degree