Perform pricing analyses, experience and profitability reviews and/or state rate filings, and support business units as needed. Build actuarial and business expertise, including the pursuit of the FCAS designation. Perform other projects and assignments as directed.
Location: Branchville NJ
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position.
1. Perform pricing and experience analyses, including communication of indications to business units and assessment of loss reduction options and/or state rate filings where applicable. Attend and participate in meetings to review results and recommendations with Underwriting when appropriate.
2. Assist in providing front line pricing support to Field Underwriting, Corporate Underwriting and senior management as necessary. Assist in provision to management of tools to drive appropriate policy level decision making. Provide front-line pricing support to business units on collaborative basis as needed.
3. Support strategic tools by monitoring changes to aggregate pricing levels and profitability through periodic analyses of the price monitor, planning/budgeting model and/or predictive modeling. Evaluate and communicate results to supervisor, business units and senior management when appropriate.
4. Prepare special reports, data compilations, analysis of company and industry experience, as well as other ad hoc analysis requests. Evaluate and communicate results when appropriate.
5. Assist in the maintenance of automated systems and pricing models.
6. Develop a foundational knowledge of the functions performed by the Actuarial Pricing function, and how the unit relates to other functional areas of the organization.
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and maintains a drug-free workplace.Travel Required No. Qualifications
Bachelors or better in Actuarial Science or related field.
Successful completion of at least 3 of the Casualty Actuarial Society examinations. Solid actuarial and analytical skills, along with a developing financial acumen. Effective communication and interpersonal skills. 2 years of Property/Casualty actuarial work experience.
Licenses & Certifications