Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryUnder limited supervision, demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the activities performed related to engineering, support, installation and/or operations of infrastructure technologies. Operates at a strategic level, has the ability to think broadly, is naturally curious, customer-focused and drives outcomes that improve end user experience. Strong communicator, relationship builder and influencer who works effectively across the Enterprise and across multiple IT functions and disciplines, including Security. Facilitates the root cause analysis and resolution of reoccurring issues and incidents, working closely with technology resources from multiple disciplines and functions across the organization to implement solutions that drive technology stability and resiliency. Leads work efforts to design, develop and/or implement large, complex technology solutions supporting one or more business and/or technology area. Develops and implements appropriate solutions that may involve multiple platforms, databases, software/hardware technologies and tools. Strong ability to multi-task in an environment of evolving and changing priorities. Effectively uses data and analysis to identify trends and patterns that are causing instability and lack of resiliency in infrastructure components and technologies. This is a deeply technical resource, able to drive technology resolutions for the most complex scenarios, where multiple factors may be involved and redesign of overall process/ecosystem of technologies may be needed.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitates the root cause analysis and resolution of reoccurring issues and incidents, working closely with technology resources from multiple disciplines and functions across the organization to implement solutions that drive technology stability and resiliency.
- Develops tactics and operational plans in alignment with strategic objectives for assigned technologies and projects.
- Drives the execution of departmental and corporate programs.
- Leverages infrastructure technology to develop and/or redesign technology solutions that result in improved stability and resiliency of applications.
- Accountable to drive improvements in areas such as: MTTR (Mean Time To Resolve); Reduce Number of Reoccurring Incidents, Reduce Hours of Impairment
- Builds, leverages, and maintains effective alliances across technical and business community.
- Interacts with customers to achieve efficient, effective results.
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes according to business priorities and production availability requirements.
- Seen as a technical expert within service delivery organization (SDO) and consults across SDOs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience, plus five years of experience in Technology required;
- Alternatively, a Master's degree in CS or a related field and three years of work experience in Technology
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Seven years of experience in Technology preferred.
- Two years of experience as a technical lead preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as Network, Database, Server, Storage etc. preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Expert knowledge of one or more of the following technical skills:
- Foundational Technology Infrastructure technologies
- Operating Systems
- Knowledge of process discipline, IDLC methodology and Technology Service Management practices
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Operates standard office equipment (Frequency)
- Sitting (can stand at will) (Frequency)
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.