Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryUnder general supervision, demonstrates a solid understanding of the activities performed related to engineering, support, and installation of infrastructure technologies, resulting in resilient and stable operations of those technologies. Facilitates and/or participates in the design, development, and implementation of technology solutions for the resolution of reoccurring issues or problems in support of Infrastructure and Cloud Services and across one or more business and/or technology area. Ability to multi-task in an environment of changing priorities. This job does not manage others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Through root cause analysis of reoccurring problems and incidents, works to drive improvements in one or more of the following: Incident Management MTTR (Mean Time to Resolve), Reduction in Number of Repetitive Incidents, and Reduction in Hours of Impairment.
- Analyzes and assesses systems and various sources of data for repetitive issues and incidents, making recommendations that result in improved technical solutions that drive resiliency and stability of infrastructure technologies.
- Implements action plans to eliminate future incidents from reoccurring and escalates to senior management as appropriate.
- Participates in and drives deep root cause analysis of repetitive problems to identify permanent solutions.
- As part of root cause analysis, may identify improvements to other processes that may ultimately reduce future incidents.
- Prioritizes and manages work within established budget objectives and priorities.
- Responsible for adhering to established quality control and security protocols.
- Provides the division, department and area management with timely and accurate information regarding the status and performance of the assigned project(s) or work.
- Builds, leverages, and maintains effective alliances across technical and business community.
- Interacts with other technology teams across the Enterprise to achieve efficient, effective results.
- Multi-tasks and prioritizes in accordance with business priorities and production availability requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience, required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Three years of experience in Technology preferred.
- Developing knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as Network, Database, Server, Storage etc. preferred.
Licensing or Certificates
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Intermediate knowledge of one or more of the following technical skills:
- Foundational IT Infrastructure
- Operating Systems
- Knowledge of process discipline, IDLC methodology, and ITSM practices
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Operates standard office equipment (Frequency)
- Sitting (can stand at will) (Frequency)
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.