Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryPrimary point of accountability to management, portfolio owners and other parties for the adoption and integration of ITSM process that support attainment of Infrastructure & Cloud Services, as well as Enterprise ITSM goals, in regards to technology resiliency. Facilitates planning and execution of the process activities and resources focused on driving improvements to platform resiliency to ensure that established cost, time, and quality goals are met. Works with general supervision and is responsible for applying ITSM knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to drive analysis of and resolution of specific deliverables, processes, and system improvements in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations. Operates within defined parameters using Traveler's ITSM methodology in accomplishing collective goals.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Incumbent may have responsibility for driving improvements in one or more of the following: Incident Management MTTR (Mean Time to Resolve), Reduction in Number of Repetitive Incidents, and Reduction in Hours of Impairment
- Conducts analysis, identify trends and patterns related to issues, provides reporting, utilize key data and process improvements related to incidents.
- Implements action plans to eliminate future incidents and escalates to senior management as appropriate.
- Identifies repetitive or on-going problems and generates analysis of key trends.
- Analyzes various sources of data, including Incident, Problem and Change summaries for trends across Top applications, and business critical services. Conducts deep root cause analysis of resolved problems to identify permanent solutions for proactively avoiding similar future problems.
- Works with Project Managers or others to ensure appropriate planning and activities for delivery of solutions.
- As part of trending and other analysis, may identify improvements to processes that will ultimately help reduce incidents.
- Helps identify changes in architecture, design or other strategic capabilities where applicable in the resolution of reocurring incidents and overall technology performance and resiliency improvements.
- Analytics and Reporting: Performs analysis, design and integration of business intelligence and reporting with a focus on stability, resiliency and overall improved performance of technologies.
- Plays technical, hands-on role in developing and designing long-lasting technology solutions involving multiple sources and technologies.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years of experience in Technology or IT Service Management role required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of multiple infrastructure technologies preferred.
- Specific knowledge of purpose and benefits associated with good ITSM processes and their interaction with other processes in an organization preferred.
- Familiarity with Six Sigma, ITIL, Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMi) and/or other process improvement frameworks, methodologies and best practices preferred.
- ITIL Service Management Foundation Certification or equivalent experience preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Problem Solving and Decision Making:
- Demonstrates sound analytic and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are loosely defined and/or where information is available but must be further manipulated.
- Ability to think broadly, has natural curiosity and ability to influence others. Once decisions are made, is able to follow and direct action to implement intended results.
- Breaks a problem down to manageable pieces and implements effective, timely solutions.
- Openly and directly confronts conflict until resolved.
- Team Orientation:
- Strong customer orientation with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Builds relationships with peers to achieve objectives. Working to build relationships with other departments to work as one team.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Puts success of team above self.
- Expert ability to work in a highly matrix environment.
- Supports several functions.
- Responsibilities are assigned with some latitude for setting priorities and decision-making using established policies and procedures. Results are reviewed with next level manager for clarification and direction before proceeding.
- Planning and Project Management:
- Works with the project manager/manager in identifying those projects tasks that are most important, establishes clear priorities and understands the larger picture.
- Anticipates and effectively responds to changes in workload and resources.
- Financial Impact:
- Understands, has input to the budget process, and shares responsibility for cost-effective expense control of assigned projects. Is responsible for important and confidential information.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.