PURPOSE OF THE JOB
ICW Group is currently on a high growth path and looking to add a Director, Channel Marketing to our dynamic team in San Diego, California. This is an excellent opportunity with an organization that is recognized nationally as an insurance leader. The purpose of this job is to significantly drive the strategic development and tactical implementation for the companys marketing programs. The position will interface with internal stakeholders including senior leadership, product/service departments, and sales in the development of the overall marketing strategy and priorities for the business. The position will work within the Enterprise Marketing Department on product positioning, marketing campaign strategy and message development. The position exists to manage the overall marketing planning to increase ICW Group brand awareness, preference and market share.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leads development of overall Channel Marketing strategy and planning.
- Manages the end to end customer journey, leveraging multiple media channels to influence customer buying behaviors, generate qualified leads, and ultimately enable profitable sales growth.
- Develops and implements both short-term marketing plans and long-term strategic alignment with ICW Groups long-range plan. Instills a performance-driven, commercial orientation into the marketing program.
- Executes comprehensive go-to-market plans that help achieve agent and policyholder acquisition and retention goals.
- Uses business intelligence and analytics to create and evaluate the vitality of the marketing plans.
Facilitates and drives relationships with key stakeholders to plan, communicate, and drive the development and deployment of channel marketing campaigns
- Collaborates with multiple departments to gain high degree of product and channel insights to develop effective marketing strategies tied to LOB business goals.
- Gains thorough understanding of competitive carrier positioning, messaging and product/service offerings through market research.
- Acts as a conduit between our customers and various product/service departments (e.g. Work Comp Claims).
- Forges and expands relationships with key customers to understand how ICW Group can best meet/exceed their needs.
- Liaises with key lines of business departments to help achieve acquisition and revenue goals.
Develops communication and messaging that aligns with organization objectives.
- Leverages key customer data and insights to elevate ICW Groups value proposition and helps develop key selling points that drive ICW Group brand differentiation.
- Works closely with business units to identify and leverage respective product/service value props in order to drive increased brand advocacy among our policyholders and our agents/brokers.
- Develops engaging and compelling marketing communication, creating emotional connections to target consumers; drives critical new thinking behind vehicle utilization to help further broaden our media mix in reaching customers in ways they consume content/media (including digital, social, community, events, PR, DM, SMS etc.)
- Develops lead nurturing, lifecycle communication and segmentation campaigns.
- Develops powerful creative briefs that distill business goals into actionable insights for the creative team that also resonate with the target audience.
- Works with the Enterprise Marketing team to develop tactical communications support to a variety of departments, including but not limited to collateral, email, talking points, presentations, fact sheets, Web site copy, and more.
- Determines/measures overall cadence of communication for maximum impact and customer satisfaction across different geographic and demographic audience segments.
- Acts as a champion of the message and storytelling that will drive overall differentiation, customer loyalty and interest in our products and solutions.
Provides ROMI optimization and oversight to achieve revenue and profitability objectives.
- Develops and manages channel marketing budget.
- Tracks key metrics and success criteria, driving balance of effectiveness and efficiency of spend for all programs, and making critical trade-off investment decisions across portfolio as appropriate.
- Defines ROMI goals and evaluates success using relevant KPIs.
- Measures overall impact of marketing program on increased customer satisfaction and loyalty and book of business growth.
- Defines and manages key performance metrics (LTV: CAC, distribution metrics, attribution, etc.) across campaigns.
- Evaluates, monitors, and measures the impact of the quality and quantity of inbound/outbound lead generation initiatives.
- Monitors and optimizes campaign effectiveness across prioritized markets, channels, and stakeholders.
Develops data analytics and insights that drive strategy across existing and emerging channels.
- Draws strategic and tactical campaign insights and objectives by using reportable data analytics, market, consumer and competitor research in addition to customer assessments as they relate to agents and policyholders, enterprise and/or overall campaign goal.
- Leverages market research to keep abreast of competitive and future market trends and conducts market research as needed.
- Monitors products, marketplace, and competitor trends and issues via professional publications/databases, conferences, etc. Anticipates marketplace and competitive issues.
- Utilizes predictive analytical models to capture trends and relationships to identify target audience.
Develops and supervises marketing professionals.
- Provides daily direction and guidance to other Enterprise Marketing professionals. Communicates Mission, Values and other organization operating principles to direct reports.
- Establishes and maintains the overall work cadence and, in partnership with department head AVP, Enterprise Marketing, ensures performance and outcomes strive for excellence in delivery and customer experience. Ensures that the entire team is engaged and that leadership practices and encourages development, recognition and retention.
- Establishes and adheres to hiring criteria, on-boarding and training requirements for incoming staff.
- Oversees the performance management and development process for the team and performs performance management duties, development planning and coaching for direct reports.
- Acts as a resource for the entire Marketing Department to answer questions and solve complex problems.
- Helps manages team budget, technology and other resources, workload and other marketing services. Ensures adherence to all Company policies and procedures and Compliance responsibilities
- Ensures data quality, adherence to IT security guidelines, profitability and other risk-related metrics for self and members of the team.
Supervises assigned employee(s) within Enterprise Marketing team and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. These responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; conducting performance and salary reviews; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; coaching, mentoring, and developing team members to further their skills and knowledge; creating and monitoring development plans; setting performance expectations/goals; forecasting staffing needs and planning for peak times and absences; enforcing department policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university required with a major or emphasis in Marketing, Communications or related field. MBA preferred.
Minimum 10 years of experience in B2B marketing required. Minimum 5 years of experience in a leadership role required. Channel marketing experience preferred. Experience working with in-house sales team a plus.
Successful track record of marketing strategies that have reshaped a portfolio, resulting in significant growth in revenue and consumer base. Experience in leading and managing large, complex projects. Experience with Data, measurement, and analytics competency including CAC and LTV definition, optimization and multivariate testing program execution, and marketing attribution model development preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Strong marketing background. Ability to lead and be strategic, as well as drive tactics and get work done. Ability to work collaboratively to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment. Demonstrated ability to forge highly effective cross-functional partners. Proven ability to leverage multiple marketing assets to achieve business goals. Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is or isntworking and modify accordingly. Working knowledge of email automation & web analytics tools (Pardot, Google Analytics) a plus. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent people and management skills to interact with various cross-functional teams and customers. Experience putting forth new methods and ideas, and has a high degree of curiosity relating to marketing. Does not accept the status quo; is a change agent. Excellent communication skills: conveys ideas effectively to the appropriate people. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Visio, Excel, Project and PowerPoint. Detail-oriented, and able to juggle multiple tasks and conflicting deadlines at once.
Office environment no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position maps to the Director level. Additional competencies required: None.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.