Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, rated A+ (Superior) by the leading independent rating organization for the industry, is growing rapidly and has operations throughout the US. We are currently searching for a staff attorney to join our Legal Counsel Department. Company features a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
We are currently searching for a Legal Counsel with 1-3 years of relevant law firm or corporate legal department experience to assist with a wide variety of tasks in the Corporate Legal Department, including: monitoring insurance coverage litigation, overseeing outside counsel, advising on insurance laws and regulations, drafting and reviewing contracts, and other legal and regulatory issues. Experience with insurance coverage litigation and insurance regulatory issues is a plus. We offer a collegial and supportive work environment. Location is flexible in NY, NJ, or PA.Responsibilities
- Monitor and determine strategy for insurance coverage litigation and other litigation against the company, and oversee outside counsel.
- Analyze regulatory issues and provide legal advice to management.
- Review and investigate claims referred to the legal department for coverage determinations.
- Monitor coverage litigation and litigation against the company.
- Respond to legal questions from other departments in the company regarding laws, regulations, and other legal issues.
- Bachelors degree from accredited university
- Admission to NY, NJ, or PA Bar
- 1-3 years relevant experience in law firm or corporate legal department
At Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, we take great pride in bringing out the best in our employees guiding them along a career track of professional development and success!
Backed by our ultimate parent, Berkshire Hathaway Inc, we are aggressively expanding and enhancing our commercial lines products offerings with the goal of being the premier name for business insurance which creates opportunities for our staff!
Some Highlights of our Benefits are:
- Excellent working hours (Operating hours are from 8am-4:30pm M-F).
- Generous amount of vacation and sick time. Closed on all major holidays.
- 401K with company match and profit sharing.
- A competitive healthcare package.
- Tuition reimbursement after 6 months of employment.
- Be part of Berkshire Hathaway, one of world's most admired companies. We offer opportunities to advance your career!