Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryYou will be responsible for the implementation of a variety of actuarial/statistical techniques and analyses primarily focusing on reserving and regulatory reporting in a Lloyds. This role is expected to execute strategic and operational initiatives, generate process efficiencies, drive change within assigned unit, provide analytical insights and recommendations to leadership and business partners, and share ownership of the business's financial results.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Shaping business strategy:
- Assess, prioritise, influence and communicate product emerging trends to senior leaders.
- Regularly generate process improvements and explore opportunities for innovation.
- Independently perform actuarial and analytic analyses to solve business problems and apply judgement appropriately.
- Preparing summary corporate reports to facilitate Enterprise discussions and decision making.
- Promote efficiency across primary working group, balancing additional effort against incremental lift gained from work.
- Provide direction and review others' analytical work.
- Translate business requests into analytical solutions.
- Provide support as necessary for initiatives within Europe or across the Enterprise.
- Support staff engagement across Europe and Enterprise Initiatives.
- Mentor less experienced talent within Europe or across the Enterprise.
- Onboard new employees and interns in unit.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Prior experience performing quantitative analysis required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Qualified Actuarial Qualification preferred (IFoA or equivalent).
- Experience of reserving in a Lloyds reporting environment preferred.
- Significant quantitative analysis experience.
- Strong understanding of insurance products and industry.
- Demonstrated ability in actuarial and quantitative analysis and statistical concepts.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to present and translate complex information in relevant business terms.
- Strong PC skills (MS Office) and programming skills (eg. SQL, SAS).
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Begins to challenge conventional thinking.
- Takes ownership of projects related to strategic initiatives and makes recommendations to influence business outcomes.
- Has an in-depth understanding and knowledge of certain key business drivers and disciplines such as: underwriting, products, reinsurance, distribution, sales, operations, risk control, claim, and financials.
- Able to effectively utilise this business knowledge in developing and implementing analytic solutions.
- Has a general perspective of the industry and developing trends, including: technology, analytic methodology, products, and performance of competitors.
- Proactively build and own professional business relationships across the Enterprise.
- Generate and solicit ideas, and build consensus.
- Aware of potential conflict and address proactively.
- Acknowledge accomplishments of others within your primary working group.
- Set and manage expectations with business partners for large projects.
- Understand diverse perspectives to effectively accomplish business goals.
- Able to introduce innovative techniques to existing problems.
- Independently perform and implement complex analytics.
- Leads and actively engages in technical/peer reviews.
- May offer technical consultative feedback.
- Can assess various technical solutions to optimise analytical outcomes.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.