Sr Salesforce Developer - Remote
The Senior Salesforce Developer will be contributing to a global implementation of Salesforce.com. This is a role that serves as a point of contact for administrative configuration actions: maintenance, configuration, reporting and training. Day to day this person will work on Salesforce.com projects, enhancements, customization, support and maintenance. The position will also include working with custom development for application integration, working closely with business users to develop requirements, and then configure and test the Salesforce.com system to ensure the system meets the requirements. This role is critical to the ongoing SFDC and GLOW initiatives company-wide.
- Configure and customize an evolving global Salesforce.com Sales, and Service Cloud environment. Responsible for maintaining the functional areas of data management (including integrations), case management, knowledge base, person accounts, dashboards, and reports.
- Maintain system metrics to track trends in usage and data integrity.
- Participate in cross-functional teams that address strategic business issues.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Liaise with business stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Evaluating the data collected through task analysis, business process, surveys and workshops.
- Communicating effectively with clients, vendors, partners and internal teams to deliver products functional requirements like screen, interface, and UI designs.
- Designing and executing test scripts and test scenarios.
This position can be based out of our Chicago office or work remotely.
Architects, Sr Software Engineers, Senior Developers are all encouraged to apply.Basic Qualifications:
- 7+ years of IT and over 5 years of Salesforce.com Development experience
- 4+ years experience implementing and configuring Salesforce.com
- 5+ years of Apex Coding experience
- 2+ years working in an Agile development environment
- 3+ years coding in other languages (.NET, C#, JAVA, etc)
- Certified Salesforce.com Developer
- Bachelor's degree in the field of computer science, information systems, engineering or equivalent.
- Integration experience on Salesforce.com using SOAP and REST APIs.
- Proficient in working with Apex Scheduling and Batch Processes
- Experience working with Force.com IDE for development and deployment.
- Experience in Apex Class Controllers & Triggers with Governor Limits.
- Experience in using SOQL & SOSL queries.
- Experience with Salesforce.com data migration tool Data Loader and Demand Tools.
- Up to 10% travel may be required, some of it international. Must have a valid passport and ability to travel overseas.
- Will consider visa sponsorship.
- Experience with Financial Force is a big plus.
- Experience with Heroku is a plus
- Fluency in Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin or Hindi is a plus.