ICW Group is looking for a Systems Engineer III with an emphasis on automation and DevOps processes to optimize our environment. The purpose of this job is to lead, plan, architects and designs ICW Groups computing environment and infrastructure technologies to ensure properly administered and maintained in support ICW Groups business outcomes. This position exists to manage complex systems and optimize work-processes for the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Provides lifecycle support for all infrastructure and computing systems from design to troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Architects, designs, implements, and manages VMware virtualization environment components (vSphere , vRA, vROPS, ESX, NSX).
- Leads and provides vision in the design of tools to automate the deployment and installation of new software releases and system upgrades.
- Evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software related problems.
- Leads the effort in aligning the virtualization strategy to meet disaster recovery, recovery time objectives, recovery point objectives, and service level agreements to meet all business requirements.
- Identifies and enhances policies and procedures for the VMware and Linux storage environments.
- Architects, designs, and engineers Windows, Linux, and storage infrastructure.
- Performs technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure team.
- Lead the design and implementation of account management processes using Active Directory, LAN based user application systems, enterprise messaging and collaboration technologies, and enterprise data storage environment where applicable.
Performs troubleshooting expertise on systems.
- Leads problem-solving and troubleshooting efforts that may involve vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Provides escalated support for large enterprise network to include Windows servers, ESX hosts, network, back office, and lines of business applications.
- Optimizes and tunes existing systems.
- Identifies revisions to host system firmware and software.
- Architects and designs systems for scalability, security, and availability while providing overall capacity management targets and forecasts.
Assists in leading a team of Systems Engineers.
- Organizes workload so that a team meets established service levels.
- Oversees the daily operations of the system and infrastructure.
- Provides training to new team members and trains current team members on new processes.
- Facilitates problem solving by pro-actively escalating issues to the Engineering and Infrastructure Manager.
- May participate in the interview and selection process for new systems engineering team members.
- Partners with business and other IT teams to implement and maintain a systems business impact assessment to prioritize system recovery in the event of a failure.
- Prioritizes the day-to-day technical tasks for assigned systems.
This role does not have direct reports, but may mentor and/or train other system engineers.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university: Computer Science, Information Systems or related degree, preferred. Minimum 7 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current Microsoft certification and VMware Certified Professional technical certification required. Red Hat Linux, CCNA, JNCIA technical certifications, preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
Must be a strong logical and analytical thinker with attention to detail. Solid working knowledge to find root causes of problems and quickly determine efficient solutions. Ability to anticipate and mitigate risks. Ability to work comfortably under high-stress situations and exhibits poise and focus. Strong understanding of relevant business systems, operating systems, and servers. Possesses knowledge of networking concepts (e.g. Systems, Protocols, and Directory Services). Skilled in light scripting and troubleshooting. Has an understanding of how software behaves in order to deploy, configure, and troubleshoot systems, and continuously optimizes system performance. Expert as a Systems Admin support in designing, implementing and sustaining Microsoft based enterprise applications and systems including Enterprise Backup and Recovery systems and applications running in VMware ESX environment as well as Enterprise Storage technology environments. Previous lead or supervisor experience, preferred. Knowledge of Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or other automation, configuration, orchestration, or scheduling systems within Microsoft-SQL Servers, preferred.
This job operates in a professional office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently will sit, stand, walk, and bend during working hours. Requires manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Required to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. and normal or corrected vision and hearing corrected to a normal range. Ability to work overtime and on nights and weekends, as needed.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.