Donegal Insurance Group is a regional property-casualty insurance company doing business in 26 states, headquartered in Marietta, PA, with 7 regional offices located in Athens, GA, Le Mars, IA, Grand Rapids, MI, Albuquerque, NM, Greenville, OH, Glen Allen, VA, and Sheboygan Falls, WI.
Donegal offers a broad range of personal and commercial insurance products sold exclusively through our network of independent agents. We are committed to the independent agency system and proud of the company's heritage, which spans over 130 years. Donegal's strong financial foundation and successful operating strategies have earned the company a rating of 'A' (Excellent) by the A.M. Best Company, the nation's leading insurance rating organization.
Donegal Insurance Group has an opening for a Data Analyst to work in the Business Intelligence area. Primary responsibility will be to provide data for business intelligence solutions for all functional areas based on business need. This role will work closely with IT to acquire data, identify analytical requirements and perform business analysis using various techniques, e.g. statistical analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling, data mining. This role will help in determining best practices and develop actionable insights and recommendations for the current business operations. This role will help ensure business intelligence applications and analyses enhance business decision-making capabilities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Based on business requirements, provide data from multiple sources for use in building analytical solutions which enhance decision-making and/or refine operations.
- Aid in the interpretation of results from multiple sources using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation to complex data mining.
- Coordinate the use of data to develop, modify, and enhance reports and dashboards based on user requirements.
- Create, enhance, and maintain data models/sets.
- Identify business trends and problems through data analysis.
- Collaborate with business users and members of IT, including business analysts, database architects, and managers.
- Gather and document user requirements.
- Perform usability testing and report data validation against end user requirements.
- Gain familiarity with data structure in the Donegal data warehouse and various data marts.
- Exhibit a commitment to data quality by validating results against requirements.
- Ensure duties are performed in adherence to all Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations.
- Comply with guidelines, policies, and directives outlined in the company handbook and department manuals.
- Provide timely, courteous, and quality customer service to customers.
- Clearly demonstrate commitment and participation to team goals and objectives.
- Reliable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Business Intelligence, Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Data Science, Data & Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science or related field required.
- 1-2 years of related experience preferred.
- Experience working with property/casualty insurance preferred
PC skills to include:
- Microsoft Office applications
- Power BI, SSRS and Excel
- Relational and dimensional modeling concepts
- DAX and M expression languages
- Open-Source Software (e.g. R / Python)
Donegal Insurance Group offers a comprehensive benefits package for all full-time, permanent positions. Learn more about our benefit offerings by visiting our Benefits page.