Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryThis position in Select Accounts (Business Insurance) will develop data and analytics that support growth and profitability in a region, or part of a region. This role requires a detailed analysis of product, pricing, and growth at a countrywide, regional, and state level. This position will support and collaborate closely with field leadership and within Product Management in the formulation and implementation of state strategies through increased analysis and focus on competitor behaviors, marketplace dynamics, pricing segmentation, and line and segment level analysis.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide recommendations using analysis and interpretation of rates, data, and trends.
- Recommend and implement improvement to procedures/workflow between functions and field office.
- Influence, collaborate and recommend discussions with business partners.
- Take on a leadership role in the management of a countrywide line of business.
- Develop increasing understanding of interacting variables in marketplace execution.
- Take a leadership role in the development of workflow practices across Select Product Management that reduce redundancy and establish consistency.
- Create and maintain a collaborative relationship with field partners that supports local strategies.
- Manipulate and gather data/information.
- Train, assimilate, and formally mentor new team members.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- One year of experience in data analytics required.
- Thorough Knowledge of Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in business management, mathematics, management information, finance, actuarial science, economics or other analytics related field preferred.
- 2 years' experience working in financial services industry preferred.
- General knowledge of Commercial Lines products and systems.
- Working knowledge of Pricing and Actuarial techniques.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Self Starter with Ability to Prioritize Multiple Deliverables.
- Strong Critical Thinking Skills - Able to take limited conceptual direction and deliver high quality work on time.
- Strong Analytical Ability - Displays a high proficiency in ability to analyze data/information.
- Problem Solving Skills - Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
- Action Oriented.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with business partners including business service centers, information technology, claim, actuarial, etc.
- Strong Organizational and Time Management Skills.
- Negotiation and Influential Ability.
- Demonstrated Leadership Behaviors.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally - at most 1 or 2 times a year.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.