Director of Client Services -Sales & Underwriting
Develop strategic plans to reach short term and long-term business objectives through effective use of all resources, planning and continued evolution of the Client Services Sales & Underwriting model to support Personal Lines and Commercial Lines growth for the organization. Manages the growth, retention and profitability of the Personal and Commercial books of business within Client Services. Manage and drive marketing campaigns, warm leads, sales, and new business initiatives. Act as a consultant in further developing strategies to improve the customer self-service experience, increase usage, and develop new functionality for self-service based on customer feedback. Creates a positive partnership with Territory Managers, PLMSs, AMSs, Agents, SBU, IT and SBU staff.
- Provide technical and strategic guidance and expertise to personal and commercial underwriting, supervisors and staff members who support retention, profit and growth objectives. Acts as a liaison with regional offices personal lines, and corporate departments, functioning as key leader of the Sales and Underwriting Management team.
- Ensure that assigned projects are effectively managed and staffed with trained personnel to deliver optimum production and efficiency. Manage the hiring process to ensure proper productivity and profitability.
- Manage efficiency with staffing the center to meet fluctuations in contact center demands and programs. Ensures that a positive work environment is maintained within the contact center. Provide effective and timely feedback including performance for Underwriting Supervisors and their staff.
- Act as consultant for team members, agents, claims representatives, and others on complex underwriting issues. Make sound underwriting decisions within prescribed authority, resolve agent complaints and assist with responding to DOI complaints, market conduct exam inquiries, etc.
- Prepares expense budget for team; monitors and controls Sales and Underwriting premium and expenses. Provide leadership and guidance to staff for developing innovative methodologies to improve operations and the customer experience.
- Partner with UW, and Marketing to assist in developing and implementing important strategies related to market share, agency appointments, product marketing, and other key corporate strategies.
- Works with Marketing and Sales Coordinator, Supervisors, and Underwriters to up sell, cross sell coverage enhancements and additional lines of business to existing accounts and to support the marketing of company specific products and programs.
- Travel to regions, agents, and perspective agents to develop and strengthen relationships, enhance awareness of Clients Services offerings, and explore mutually beneficial opportunities. 10% - 30% of incumbents time.
- Facilitate the growth of small business and participation in Clients Services Sales and Underwriting through managing renewals, policy servicing, coverage questions and guidance, new business, cross sell and up sell opportunities, and through the proper utilization of all services offered by Clients Services.
- Drive our Small Business Agency Plant by finding, developing and managing new warm leads, (New, Account Rounding, and Direct campaigns) enhancing our ability to attract and write new small business customers throughout our footprint.
Knowledge & Requirements:
- Excellent customer service, networking, and relationship building skills
- Good analytical skills with the ability to spot trends and identify issues
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Proven leadership capability, pro-active and driven to take initiative
- Resident Jurisdiction P&C License Required
- Must have a valid state-issued drivers license in good standing and be able to drive an automobile
Education & Experience:
- College Degree Preferred.
- 7+ Years Underwriting Experience Preferred.
- 4+ years Supervisory Experience Preferred.
- Broad Technical Underwriting Background.
- 2+ years Working in a Call Center Environment Preferred
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplace
Licenses & Certifications