Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryDaring to design? Curious about collaboration? Ready to research? The Experience Design team is looking for the next User Experience Lead to join the Business Insurance group. In its largest and most complex business segment, Travelers aims to forge the future in protecting business customers, large and small, and partnering with agents, brokers, and employees to make their jobs easier.
This role works independently on projects and is self-directed. The UX Lead partners with a collaborative, cross-functional team to research, design and test experiences built for employees, agents and customers. The Business Insurance group as a whole has committed to taking a human-centered design approach, and the Experience Design team is in an exciting position to lead the way in building the best experiences for users.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as the key point of accountability for UX efforts on multiple projects. Advocates for user-centered design approaches.
- May support the recruitment and growth of outstanding UX professionals by providing coaching and mentorship.
- Contributes to a dynamic team environment through collaboration, experimentation, agility, and vigorous inquiry, while maintaining high expectations and attention to detail.
- Participates in the creation and evolution of design systems and best practices that account for user needs and context, while reinforcing brand values and standards.
- Ensures adherence to UX guidelines across projects.
- Informs UX resource allocation during ideation, prioritization, development, and quality assurance phases of projects.
- Plans and serves as facilitator or observer for UX research and testing efforts. Conducts competitive research and analysis. Reports research findings to stakeholders. Translates these findings into design solutions.
- Creates artifacts that include personas, journey maps, user workflows, information architecture, wireframes, and interactive prototypes, within project timelines and budgets.
- May manage vendor relationships for outsourced UX activities.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, psychology, human factors, social sciences or related field or 5 years of User Experience work experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Typical incumbent experience level 5+ years
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Strong communication, organization, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity or basic understating of web-based technologies.
- Experience with wireframing / prototyping software.
- Experience in conducting end user research and interviews.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.