PMO Project Manager
The PMO Project Manager is an exciting new leadership role to assist the development and progression of the new PMO team. The PMO Project Manager will report to the Director of Strategy & Analytics and have the opportunity to collaborate with Leadership, and Program Directors to identify, prioritize, implement innovative initiatives across all aspects of the organization.
In addition to managing project portfolio, there will be opportunity to manage critical, high impact projects, and develop project managing personnel. This role will be integral in developing PMO best practices, documentation, and keep projects within budget and on time. In addition, the individual will help the Director of Strategy & Analytics to assess potential ROI of new projects and analyze resource allocations to prioritize projects.Responsibilities
- Champion best practices and participate in the implementation of new or improved Project Management processes and procedures.
- Ensure projects within portfolio are within budget and on schedule.
- Establish interdepartmental project resource allocation management methodology.
- Provide a persuasive, encouraging and motivating demeanor in order to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, stakeholders, and other department leaders.
- Develop and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Identify risks, partner with team members to mitigate risk, and promptly communicate risks and issues to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Mentor additional project managing personnel.
- Report the milestone progress of projects within the portfolio at regular intervals to leadership personnel.
- Manage vendor relationships and communication.
- Bachelors degree in business administration, finance, computer science, or a directly related field
- 8+ years of direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of strategy development and execution.
- PMP Certified.
- Prior experience establishing a PMO preferred.
- Prior Insurance related experience preferred.
- Experience managing and modifying work in a project management application (Target Process preferred).
- Experience with project personnel resource allocation management methodologies.
- Solid working knowledge of current IT technologies, across a wide variety of areas.
- Effective bartering and negotiation skills.
- Ability to deal tactfully with vendors, suppliers, and contractors who provide a broad spectrum of software application products and services.
- General knowledge of accounting, finance, marketing, and relational databases.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and diplomatic.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Adept at conducting research into innovative solutions and connecting dots to business impact.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Customer service skills an asset.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.