Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryLead and manage all aspects of the PDO product line within Travelers Bond & Specialty Insurance. Develop and communicate product line strategies, support Business Units in achieving budgeted financial results and capitalize on market opportunities.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Portfolio Management/Strategic Direction/Leadership:
- Manage the Private D&O book of business within the Private & Non-Profit and Financial Institution Business Units. Develop, measure and communicate product, pricing, sales and underwriting strategies to underwriters.
- Provide recommended direction to Senior Management to balance growth, risk and profitability.
- Collaborate with Underwriting, Claim, Actuarial, Legal, Regulatory and Product Development to maintain the highest standards of product profitability, marketability and regulatory compliance.
- Lead growth strategies, with Business Unit collaboration, and regularly report on and reinforce progress made to management.
- Capitalize on technology and data resources to improve understanding of key metrics that drive profitable growth.
- Develop digital strategy and monitor portfolio results.
- Provide business analytic input to management to inform strategic decision making and support recommendations.
- Focus on flow, low touch and customer ease of doing business in the appropriate customer segments.
- Lead change, diversity and inclusion across the business.
- Lead strategic initiatives in conjunction with Business Insurance to develop solutions for customers who want to purchase P&C and BSI products.
- Develop and amend existing product, applications and endorsements along with associated underwriting strategy. Ensure that strategies are informed, clearly communicated, concise and delivered in a relatable manner, such that they are readily accessible and straightforward.
- Provide support and direction to underwriters in their decision making relative to specific Private D&O accounts.
- Collaborate with others to develop new business and cross-sell coverage.
- Marketing / Communication / Customer Service:
- Capitalize on media opportunities including press releases or interview requests.
- Proactively develop and amend marketing materials, risk management services, and continuing education classes.
- Participate in producer and industry functions as a foremost Travelers, and industry, expert in the product line.
- Conduct various forms of coverage, marketing and underwriting training for underwriters and agents. Leverage mass-communication technologies to effectively connect with internal and external audiences.
- Continually deliver product and industry updates.
- Minimum of 7 years insurance, legal, or claim experience with preference toward management liability insurance products and/or focus on directors and officers liability; demonstrated ability to execute, communicate and direct strategy.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Ability to analyze issues and accounts to determine exposures and successful solutions.
- Ability to provide clear verbal and written communications and presentations.
- Work well independently while maintaining team approach and coordinated responses to current issues.
- Set priorities and see complex projects through to completion; display a high level of organizational skill.
- Solid financial and coverage analysis skills, particularly as these pertain to privately owned commercial companies and financial institutions.
- Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Operates standard office equipment.
- Requires extended periods of computer use.
- Requires extended periods of sitting.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.