Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryPerform engineering analyses to assist Bond and Specialty Insurance Claim Construction Services personnel in the investigation, analysis, evaluation and disposition of claims, typically of higher severity or complexity, achieving superior customer service and claim results at the most reasonable cost. Interact and collaborate with claim and underwriting colleagues as well as with external business associates.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Travel 30% or more of time performing engineering analyses.
- Perform engineering analyses on higher severity and/or complex performance claims for Bond and Specialty Insurance Claim Construction Services and/or.
- Underwriting with minimal supervision.
- Make appropriate construction contract decisions and make appropriate recommendations to management when necessary within a performance claim handling context.
- Assure that all policies and procedures, including compliance, regulatory and Bond performance and customer service standards are met or exceeded.
- Assist Claim Executive/Counsel in the preparation of Large Loss Memos and other reports (e.g. quarterly claim, EC, trial, class action) to management to accurately reflect loss development, engineering analyses, potential/actual financial exposure, coverage issues, and claim and recovery strategies.
- Identify salvage opportunities in the earliest stages of claim development and coordinate recovery efforts with the Salvage Unit and claims management.
- Independently pursue recovery sources, when appropriate.
- Coordinate with Claim Executive/Counsel to retain, monitor, manage and approve payments to outside consultants, setting strategy consistent with business objectives, actively utilizing consultant management plans and budgets.
- Make quick, sound decisions and negotiate terms and conditions consistent with Bond standards.
- Assist/mentor less experienced colleagues in claim resolutions.
- Maintain knowledge of coverage, law, legislative and industry-related initiatives and judicial trends.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Travel required approximately 30% of the time.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.