What is a Staff Auditor
A Staff Auditor is responsible for understanding and evaluating the internal control and risk environment within Assurant, Inc. at the business, process, transaction, and/or application level. He or she reports to the Internal Audit Services Manager/Director and completes all assigned work in compliance with established audit methodology while meeting all organizational and professional ethical standards.
Why You Should Consider This Role
- You are authentic and enjoy collaborating and connecting with people
- You value the autonomy to use common sense and good judgment to make decisions
- You understand, recognize and communicate key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging financial, technical and industry related developments
- You can communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff through written reports and oral presentations
- You enjoy developing business relationships that enable that enable Internal Audit to fulfill its charter and meet stakeholder expectations
What You Will Like
- The people we care
- The diversity - every day is different
- The excitement we focus on What Matters Most to our customers
- The difference in the value Assurant places on strong leadership
- The opportunity to learn, grow and advance within our fortune 500 global company
- Competitive salary
Primary Responsibilities will consist of:
- Support and coordinate SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) and MAR (Model Audit Rule) compliance activities through execution of testing and communications to management
- Participate in complex audit projects and work with a team under the direction of the Audit Manager while assisting in project scheduling and initial reviews of work products
- Perform complex risk-based audits through all phases of the audit including planning, testing and providing written reports of key findings.
- Assist with department reports and other required Internal Audit related tasks
- Assess opportunities to improve the internal control environment across the company.
- Participate in Assurants bi-annual risk assessment and audit planning.
- Ensure that all supporting documentation is sufficient to re-perform conclusions reached and meets professional standards.
Build Relationships with Assurant Business Leaders/Managers
- Develop an understanding of Assurant Businesses and maintain awareness of significant industry, regulatory and business changes across the organization and their potential impact on the established control environment.
- Apply listening skills to understand business issues and risks by being responsive to clients.
- Be a trusted, objective and independent partner that is sought after to provide cost effective, independent assurance and advice on the effectiveness of the companys management of critical risks.
- Assist in department initiatives, Centers of Excellence and other teams to review and improve department processes, systems and methodologies.
- Actively learn and apply knowledge gained through professional development opportunities, including external and internal training.
What You Should Know About Us
- Assurant, Inc. helps people protect what matters most to them
- We have been around for a while with our roots tracing back to 1892
- We are a Fortune 500 company employing approximately 15,000 people in 21 countries
- We provide specialty protection products and related services to safeguard against risks
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university (preferably in business, management, accounting, finance or related field)
- 1- 3 years of internal or external auditing, operations, accounting, or general business analysis.
- Ability to analyze data, identify root causes and propose reasonable solutions that manage risk.
- Ability to write clearly and be focused on actionable and reasonable results.
- Ability to document work performed to enable external re-performance.
- Ability to think critically through recognizing assumptions, evaluating arguments and drawing conclusions.
- Ability to maintain composure and deliver results while under pressure managing multiple assignments and priorities.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply abstract ideas to achieve measurable results.
- Experience in accounting and accounting systems.
- Experience managing project plans, issues logs, risk/mitigation strategies, automated testing tools, cost/benefit analysis tools.
Travel required: Ability to travel domestically or internationally up to 10% to conduct audits and participate in department meetings.