Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryAs part of the Small Business team you will help the business with the delivery of products to market via various platforms. You will work in a cross functional team and work closely with the product owner to deliver value. You will report to the senior manager for business analysis. Your main responsibilities will include liaising with third parties, performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes and supporting business functions in communicating their requirements to a wider group.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Collect, understand, document, validate and communicate the business requirements for a project or programme
- Liaise with 3rd parties in for product placement and delivery on broker platforms
- Work with minimal supervision and be responsible for ensuring that all business requirements are fully understood
- Effectively communicate your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management
- Ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements
- Help co-ordinate and facilitate user acceptance testing and training
- Attend the necessary Agile events and participate actively in the Agile ways of w
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues
- Identify, document and track benefits
- Assist the project manager in delivering key project deliverables
- Liaise with the project manager in formulating project and task plans
- Demonstrable project experience of working in business analysis within Insurance.
- Experience in delivering projects in Agile, Iterative and Waterfall methodologies
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Use of agile tools (e.g. Rally, Jira)
- Good understanding and practice of the software development lifecycle.
Licensing or Certificates
- Information Systems Examination Board (ISEB) Diploma in Business Analysis or equivalent
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Comfort with working at all levels of the organisation with excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Expert written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and report writing.
- Able to accurately document business processes
- Able to troubleshoot and solve problems without supervision, whilst working well in a team environment.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.