Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryResponsible for providing Account Executives with information necessary to make sound underwriting decisions (i.e., customer service and administrative support affecting brokers/insureds from initial submission through policy issuance, policy changes and renewals). Provides support within established performance standards and priorities that are responsive to underwriting, retention and service, profitability and growth goals. Assures all related support activities are delivered in a manner consistent with business unit customer service and expense management focus.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates with Account Executives/Underwriters in the new business and in force activities that support underwriting decisions that are consistent with business unit growth and retention goals.
- Partners with Account Executives/Underwriters to establish support needs for new and in force policies (i.e., identify/gather relevant account information to quote and/or bind the policy etc.).
- Participates in pre-renewal meetings to define assignments.
- May prepare underwriting/pricing exhibits (i.e., exposures, experience rating, profit and loss analysis, expense models, updated account information, etc.).
- Manages account documentation (i.e., proposals, agreement letters, reinsurance certificates, collateral agreements, policy change, endorsements, cancellations, broker record changes, letters of experience etc.).
- Ensures accurate and timely servicing and billing of accounts.
- Communicates with brokers/agencies, insureds/customers and internal departments. (i.e., researches and resolves issues, responds to inquiries and questions).
- Quotes new business, renewals and endorsements for IRCA and Optima in PMS, CFA and TCPS system.
- Provides information for regulatory compliance (i.e., statutory filings, proof of insurance, certificates).
- Provides administrative support and other related services as needed (e.g., input account information into system).
- Participates in projects/assignments as needed.
- High School Diploma
- 1 year of office related or customer service experience
- Basic software skills (Windows, MS Office)
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- College Diploma
- 1 year of insurance industry experience..
- Intermediate time management skills and ability to prioritize daily assignments.
- Must be highly organized with ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Advanced attention to detail.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills required to manage customer service requests, provide information to Insurance professionals and to respond to oral and written instructions.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Intermediate computer skills and ability to learn new applications in a department with the most the most advanced and continually improving computer platforms and emerging technology and tools.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) skills.
- Advanced data entry skills.
- Accountability: Takes ownership and responsibility for actions and outcomes, performance and results.
- Analytical Thinking: Identifies current or future problems or opportunities, analyzes, synthesize and compares information to understand issues, identifies cause/effect relationships and explores alternative solutions to support sound decision-making.
- Change Management / Resilience: Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Communication: Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Customer Focus: Provides service excellence to internal or external clients.
- Judgment / Decision Making: Exercises sound judgment, makes decisions and commits to a position.
- Leveraging Differences: Works with and includes people from different backgrounds, experiences, cultures, races, etc. and views those differences as assets to be leveraged to accomplish business goals and objectives.
- Relationship Management: Seeks out, builds, fosters and maintains productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results.
- Teamwork: Works together in situations when actions are interdependent and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodation to persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruitment or interview process we will work with you to accommodate your needs.