Commercial Insurance Account Manager
About the Role
The Commercial Insurance Client Manager job opening is with one of the largest privately held brokers in the region. They are expanding rapidly throughout the Mid-Atlantic and just opened a new office in Columbia, MD. The producers you will support write large middle market and risk management accounts with the intent to develop vertical practices. Construction is the foundation of this team so expect to work on related risks but also take on other industrial and white collar accounts as the sales team expands.
Duties & Responsibilities
Expect the typical flow of your day at the account management desk to include:
- Client Engagement: Take the lead on incoming calls, inquiries and fulfilling service requests
- Marketing: New and renewal accounts
- Renewals: Initiate the process, manage timelines and pull together resources holding the sales and resources teams accountable for meeting deadlines
Skills & Experience
- At least five (5) years of commercial insurance career experience in a similar insurance agency client management position. Marketing and underwriting expertise will also be taken into consideration, but the retail brokerage background is critical.
- Broad Commercial Property & Casualty insurance policy proficiency. Construction expertise is nice, but not required. Moreso, must understand a wide range of commercial GL, property, auto and work comp forms, terminology & exclusions.
- State insurance license.
Location: Columbia, MD
Telecommuting: Work-from-home ability (2 days/week) after six months of employment
$70k-$90k target compensation depending on experience.
Apply for Commercial Insurance Account Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly