Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The Manager of Information Delivery leads a team of development resources in building Business Intelligence solutions. The position works within a project team to deliver innovative solutions ranging from Data Discovery to Business Intelligence application development. Candidates should have strong technical skills and a basic understanding insurance operations and core functions.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in solution design within assigned tasks and validates that developed solutions align with defined business requirements.
- Lead prototyping and validate prototypes before production build.
- Participates in the development of the strategic plan for Information Delivery including identification appropriate infrastructures, tools and performance requirements
- Develop an understanding of all data contained within multiple data marts and source systems
- Manages monthly delivery process and support for Information Delivery assets
- Assists in the develop of guidelines and recommends best practices to mitigate defects and ensure data quality.
- Oversees the translation of business requirements into technical requirements for enhancements and info delivery solutions.
- Performs analysis of complex and unfamiliar data sources to determine value and use. Determines and recommends data to include in info delivery projects.
- Utilize a rapid prototyping methodology to perform moderate ad-hoc analysis to find solutions to business inquiries.
- Operationalize and automates moderately complex data products independently.
- Independently develops and enhances analytic reports, scorecards and dashboards. Provides support for the implementation.
- Applies data derivations and business transformation rules based on data requirements.
- Provides recommendations of key performance indicators.
- Presents and translates complex information in relevant business terms.
- Works within Travelers standards, processes, and protocols.
- Understanding and application of core data management competencies (e.g. data governance, data security, data quality).
- Develop and own project timelines and plans for assigned projects
- Provides guidance to less experienced peers.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Mathematics, Economics, Finance or other quantitative degrees.
- 4 years of relevant data and analytics experience required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of data and visualization tools (examples but not limited to):
- Visualization Platforms: MicroStrategy, QlikView, Qlik Sense, Power BI, Tableau, D3 Visualizations.
- Programming languages: SQL, SAS, R, Python, Spark, HiveQL
- Database Platforms: SQL Server (SSIS, SSRS), Teradata, Hadoop, AWS.
- MS Office Suite with advanced knowledge of Excel.
- 8 years of general business experience.
- 6 years experience working with MS Office Suite with advanced knowledge of Excel
- 6 years experience coding SQL
Licensing or Certificates
- Business Intelligence certification preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjusts communication based on audience.
- Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team members - including active listening and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team and business partners.
- Able to recognize, analyze, and diagnose business and data issues of advanced complexity.
- Able to creatively evaluate alternative solutions.
- Demonstrates the ability to make routine decisions independently and escalates when necessary.
- Provides recommendations on resource optimization.
- Builds and fosters relationships with the team, business and technical partners to achieve objectives.
- Practices objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Coordinate with other areas to achieve project/department or division goals.
- Manages time and competing priorities
- Provides management with accurate and timely status information.
- Accurately evaluates and estimates tasks.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Requires extended periods of computer use.
- Requires extended periods of sitting.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.