Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryThis is a high level, high visibility, individual contributor, technical leadership role. You will grow your career and develop your skills helping Business Insurance implement innovative on premise and latest cloud computing solutions to enable our business to leverage technology to solve various problems. Helping groups to understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch initiatives on a trajectory to success.
The ideal candidate needs to be familiar with design and implementation best practices for applications, servers, and networks and must possess a unique combination of deep technical skills and business acumen as well as a do-what-it-takes attitude to ensure our business enablement for success.
Business Insurance is looking for a highly motivated Lead Solutions Architect to help accelerate our growing business agenda and digital enablement. This is an excellent opportunity to join Business Insurance architecture working with some of our best and brightest technical team while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative technology unit in Travelers.
As a Lead Solutions Architect at Business Insurance, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad set of technical solution supporting various aspect of critical business functions such as customers interaction, distribution and connectivity, and core underwriting while working directly with our key business stakeholders. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical solution and ultimate success of the capability; defining implementation architectures, developing a deep expertise in both business process, and employed technologies as well as broad know-how around existing applications and services landscape; and being a subject matter expert on areas as they related to customers, agents, and internal employee applications and services leveraging technologies such as cloud/containers, machine learning, user interfaces, security, and APIs.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- 8+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications.
- 4+ years' experience in at least 3 of the following runtimes: nodejs, Java, .net core, golang, python.
- 4+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking.
- Technical degree required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 5 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture required.
- 1 year of experience as a technical lead required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 7 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture preferred.
- 3 years of experience as a technical lead preferred.
- Experience managing others preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of Financial Services Industry and preferable in Insurance.
- Industry expert in at least one technical domain, vertical and/or platform (Cloud Computing (Containers, Kubernetes/Docker), APIs, Machine Learning, Distributed Systems, etc).
- Experience developing large scale application architectures to meet business requirements in complex environments.
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT management, and engineers.
- Strong written communication skills.
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.