Workers Compensation Claims Specialist
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
The Claims Specialist works within a Claims Team, using the latest technology to manage an assigned caseload of routine to mild to moderately complex Workers Compensation claims from the investigation of the claim through resolution. This includes making decisions about liability/compensability, evaluating losses, and negotiating settlements. The role interacts with injured workers, claimants, policyholders, medical providers, attorneys, and other third parties throughout the claims management process. The position offers training developed with an emphasis on enhancing skills needed to help provide exceptional service to our customers.
*This is a range posting, and we may fill as an entry-level to a more advanced position, based on candidate experience. These roles will be aligned to our four regions: Northeast, South, Central and West. The salary range posted reflects this range and the different regions.
- Manages an inventory of claims to evaluate compensability/liability.
- Establishes action plan based on case facts, best practices, protocols, regulatory issues and available resources.
Plans and conducts investigations of claims to confirm coverage and to determine liability, compensability and damages.
Assesses policy coverage for submitted claims and notifies the insured of any issues; determines and establishes reserve requirements, adjusting reserves, as necessary, during the processing of the claim, refers claims to the subrogation group or Special Investigations Unit as appropriate.
Assesses actual damages associated with claims and conducts negotiations, within assigned authority limits, to settle claims.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 1-5 years experience in claims adjusting along with knowledge of claims investigation techniques, legal liability, insurance coverage, negotiation skills and medical terminology
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to provide information in a clear and concise manner and to communicate with a variety of individuals
- Effective analytical skills to gather information, analyze facts and make recommendations based upon information collected
- Required to obtain and maintain all applicable licenses. Continuing education courses leading to industry certifications preferred (e.g., AEI, IIA, CPCU).
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.