Product Designer (Hybrid)
Come join the new Experience organization within GRM U.S!
Experience is here to lead the GRM U.S. Digital-First mandate and rally the organization around transforming digital connection opportunities into extraordinary experiences that position our company to win big with our customers, agents and prospects. We will make digital our competitive advantage, keeping prices low for customers, reinvesting in market-leading growth, and becoming an admired, first-quoted carrier. We will provide the best digital quoting experience in the industry and make digital our primary channel for service and claims, delivering innovative experiences that exceed consumer and agent expectations.
Were looking for a Product Designer who is proficient working in both design and code, to join our Product Design team. Under general direction, you will create user-centered design solutions for the customer experience that feature ease of use, employ best-in-class interaction design, clean and performant code, and optimize the user experience. You'll experience a degree of autonomy you don't often see elsewhere. In this role you will work with business, technical, and product leads to understand the business vision, objectives and transformation plans to help identify opportunities for competitive advantage.
You could be a great fit for this role if you are:
- An Experience Innovator: You will further the UX vision while bringing industry best practices and innovative technical solutions into the applications we support.
- A Customer Advocate: You will help identify user research needs and participate in immersive user research, concept testing, and usability testing. You will continuously seek and integrate user feedback and test results to optimize solutions.
- A Natural Collaborator: You will work with multiple functions, including product owners, product designers, and developers throughout the product life cycle, seeking frequent feedback and integrating multiple considerations into your work.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience and 5+ years of experience in a related field.
- Experience using methodologies such as Agile, Design Thinking, Lean UX, and Lean Startup.
- Demonstrated expertise in UX design, as well as familiarity with front-end development, prototyping, user research and/or test design.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to present projects and status reports to Leads.
- Strong organization and analytic thinking skills, with ability to translate moderately complex content into user scenarios, flows and diagrams. Proven track record of collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams.