Apigee Platform -Senior level
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Remote candidates with strong platform Apigee experience will be considered.
Do you want to make a difference in people lives, work on things that matter, on a high performing team and for a great company? If your answer to this question is yes, then this is the right opportunity for you. The Allstate Infrastructure Services (AIS) Department is looking for an enthusiastic and experience Lead System Engineer/Apigee Platform Engineer Expert to play the role of a Tech Lead on the Enterprise API Service Gateway team. The new Tech Lead will be responsible to implement new Apigee API Gateway solutions on the Allstate internal/on premise cloud and also help maintain and support the existing CA API Gateway platform. The position will be based in the heart of downtown Charlotte, in the RailYard location.
Remote candidates with strong platform Apigee experience will be considered.
- Lead the installation of Apigee on-prem in partnership with Architecture and the Cloud Engineering teams
- Lead the design and implementation of API Gateway solutions
- Design, build, maintain and support the Apigee infrastructure
- Lead analytical and consulting working sessions to solve technical problems faced by the application teams trying to onboard to Apigee and/or the CA API Gateway
- Lead DR (Disaster Recovery) exercises to ensure that the team are fully prepared in the event of a catastrophe
- Lead Capacity Planning and Management activities to ensure that the Apigee platform will be able to handle additional transactions in the future
- Help troubleshoot and resolve production issues related to the Apigee platform and the CA API Gateway.
- Lead root cause analysis session to understand what causes particular issues in Production and come up with solutions that will prevent them from happening in the future
- Lead and partner with other engineers on the team to ensure documentation is created and remain updated
- Partner with Architecture to come up with the standard and best practices for the usage of Apigee as an enterprise product
- Build relationship with the client application teams to understand their business needs and requirements for the Apigee Platform and also coach them on how to use the platform to the full extent.
- Mentor Junior Engineers to acquire Apigee knowledge and more experiences
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Strong troubleshooting skills in the API Management and Gateway space (Mainly Apigee).
- Apigee and/or CA API Gateway Knowledge – Infrastructure build and maintenance, Gateway setup, Oauth configuration
- Knowledge on Policy creation /Template development and operational support within Apigee and/or CA API Gateway.
- Basic knowledge of Cloud Architecture, Cloud Security; Cloud platforms (Ideally AWS)
- Infrastructure automation in AWS
- Good knowledge of Ansible
- Ability to write groovy scripts
- Strong understanding of UNIX operating systems and shell scripting
- Experience with CICD Tools (Jenkins, GitHub)
- Good understanding of REST API and JSON
- Knowledge of existing API Testing Tools (Postman, SoapUI, or any equivalent tools)
- Experience with high availability, load balancing and failover configurations with Apigee
- Experience in designing and implementing API platform for high traffic API solutions
- Ability to apply security, throttling, OAuth 2.0, TLS, certificates, KeyStore, and Trust store for the Apigee platform
- Experience with Apigee Management APIs and integration to the enterprise systems including Infrastructure & Application monitoring, Approval, Authorization and Authentication, Logging, and Continuous integration/Continuous Deploy (CI/CD), and Developer Portal, etc.
- Have previously worked on an enterprise platform team that supports multiple Software Development product teams.
- 5 years of experience supporting Apigee as a Platform
- Basic knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Basic understanding of Cassandra and Zookeeper
- Basic understanding of Python scripts and be able to update them if needed
- 4 Years of experiences with Ansible
- 5 Years of experience with Groovy scripts
- Great team player and open to collaborate with others across the Allstate Enterprise
- Highly engaged and motivated
- Great leadership and communication skills
- Willing to go the extra miles to get things done
- Experience working with offshore teams
- Development experiences with Apigee Edge
- Experience with various cloud products: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Product (GCP), PCF… etc.
- Knowledge of Systems and Networking – TCP and IP, Switching, Routing, Firewalls, Load Balancing
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.