Manager, Cloud Security
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
**We are open to candidates in the following markets to work from our Allstate strategic local offices: Charlotte, NC; Dallas / Fort Worth, TX; Phoenix, AZ. Strong qualified individuals in other US geographic markets will be given consideration as home-based / remote professionals.**
Allstate Technology & Strategic Ventures (ATSV) is embarking on a journey to move Application computing to leverage various Cloud provider services. Cloud Security Engineering is tasked to develop and implement the Cloud Security Framework, establish Cloud Governance standards, and educate Business / Technology teams to ensure any cloud deployments adhere to the Cloud Security Framework.
As a Cloud Security Manager, you’ll be a subject matter expert in designing and building cloud security solutions that will balance the need for speed and flexibility of cloud infrastructure while ensuring Allstate is protected against ongoing and potential security threats. This role requires the ability to lead a team of engineers and our ideal candidate should have a vision on how to direct their team to understand new security strategies and understand/synthesize radical ideas. This is a hands-on role where you will contribute to the engineering output of the team.
- Contribute in establishing vision, direction, and specific objectives for team efforts while providing the freedom to accomplish objectives
- Oversee and develop the platform as a service and application hosting environments aligning them with business strategies and requirements while adhering to the Cloud Security Framework
- Create designs based on industry best practices, engineering standards and support
- Coordinate resources across various applications, operations or projects.
- Communicate strategy to the team so they understand their role in achieving the established goals
- Performance Management
- Represents developers and key customers in the product design and lifecycle process
- Champions the engineering practices and helping teams define and setup frameworks for infrastructure as code and automation
- Contribute to engineering practices around test driven and continuous delivery of infrastructure
- Define and develop new products and services that provides functions- “as-a-service” to developers and customers; championing a seamless user experience for direct customers
- Develop strategy for application and infrastructure monitoring for platforms and applications aligning with enterprise strategy and overall industry trends and direction
- Champion technology and open source technology internal and external to the company
- Recommend and maintain technology and security related policies and procedures
- Provide support for both infrastructure and cloud platform services; and support for different development teams using the platform
- Operate the continuous delivery framework and tools, and act as a subject matter expert on CI/CD for developer teams
- Design, build, manage and operate the infrastructure as a service layer (hosted and cloud-based platforms) that supports the different platform services
- Write and build continuous delivery pipelines to manage and automate the lifecycle of the different platform components
- Develop comprehensive monitoring solutions to provide full visibility to the different platform components using tools and services like Splunk, Evident and OMS.
- Identify and troubleshoot any availability and performance issues at multiple layers of deployment, from hardware, operating environment, network and application
- Assume direct accountability for leading a team
- Model and creates an environment of trust, accountability and innovation for direct reports and peers
- 10+ years of application development or infrastructure engineering experience
- Able to lead a team of engineers across the various engineering practices including extreme programming, product mindset, cloud/as-a-service approach, and infrastructure as code
- Hands-on style - willingness and competent in producing necessary changes in our infrastructure and processes
- Will be working primarily in an Extreme Programming environment and must be willing to work in a paired programming/engineering model
- Able to manage diverse teams, multi-task, and work under pressure to meet aggressive schedule targets
- Identify creative solutions for technical support issues
- Able to communicate effectively across groups of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to present ideas and solutions
- Experience working on public cloud – AWS, Azure, GCP
- Actual experience doing infrastructure programming using either Golang, Ruby, Python or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience working on infrastructure automation technologies like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, Packer
- Experience working on logging, monitoring and alerting for large scale distributed systems or cloud platforms (i.e. Splunk, Evident, OMS, or equivalent)
- Experience working on continuous integration systems like Concourse or Jenkins particularly in deploying and managing infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure including networking, storage, virtualisation, Linux administration, etc…
- Knowledge of Office 365, configuration and security best practice
- Willingness to learn, able to learn on the job and a desire to continually learn and develop new technical skills
- Desire to earn industry certification in security or cloud disciplines
- Ability to interact with clients at all level, from Senior Leadership to IT individual contributor
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lead a team of technical resources working on complex solutions
- Organised, responsive and highly thorough problem solver
- Ability to work with minimal direction on a variety of, and sometimes ambiguous requirements
- Self-lead learning with the desire to continually learn and develop new skills
- Demonstrate an ability to bridge technology knowledge gaps between IT staff and corporate staff such as Legal, Compliance and Audit organizations.
- Coaching and mentoring, the ability and willingness to coach and mentor those within the team and other teams that require guidance
- None planned but flexibility required to meet business needs
Hours of Work:
- Standard hours Mon – Fri;
- Flexibility to meet business needs as required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.