Underwriting Officer - Mid Construction East, GRS
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company
We are looking for an outstanding leader. As an Underwriting Officer, you will apply advanced underwriting knowledge and expertise to drive quality decision-making on risk selection, terms and conditions, and pricing to drive execution to operational and financial objectives. You will share technical and market expertise through consultative support, training, and audits across lines within National Insurance. We are seeking a hardworking individual who will help develop a strong underwriting culture with holistic account decisions built on a foundation of strong line expertise, confidence of judgment, and deal orientation. This role shares responsibility with underwriting management for profitable growth of the book of business.
- Execute the segment strategy for a division to attain profit, quality, growth, multi-line diversification, and operational objectives by providing transactional support and technical guidance throughout the underwriting process, including exercising decision-making authority on risk selection, pricing, and terms and conditions for the largest and most complex accounts within the portfolio. Maintain the highest underwriting authority level.
- Ensure an underwriting culture of holistic thinking about risk evaluation, pricing, and demonstrate market knowledge and experience to help underwriters position in market to select and win profitable accounts.
- Develop state strategies based on a strong understanding of unique market dynamics and underwriting challenges.
- Act as a technical subject matter authority within multiple lines of business (Workers Compensation, Auto, General Liability, Property, and/or Umbrella) to drive the development of underwriting strategy and underwriting guidelines
- Purposefully identify training needs and partner with internal leaders to develop and deliver needed training to build an outstanding underwriting organization with technical knowledge, consultative sales capabilities, and expertise across the multitude of industries.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews to identify adherence to guidelines and strategies, as well as training and development opportunities.
- Provide technical expertise/knowledge to assigned projects/initiatives.
- Advanced knowledge of insurance products/coverage, market segment and marketplace: insurance, finance and actuarial concepts; loss control/risk engineering; marketing/selling techniques, regulatory environment and reinsurance. A leading authority on pricing, risk selection and territory management.
- Confirmed ability to effectively work with brokers, underwriters, and internal departments to build and maintain positive and productive relationships.
- Recognized ability to apply underwriting/appetite, tools, systems, and resources to achieve goals, decipher complex problems, exceeds in mentoring relationships and negotiate.
- Bachelors degree, 10+ years of commercial lines underwriting
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.