Lead Full Stack Engineer
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
This role will be for a Full Stack Application Developer supporting Agency and Consumer Facing applications. The developer will provide code/design analysis and strategy, support project planning, and develop code and designs for complex projects. They will implement solutions iteratively using 12-factor principles, TDD/BDD and continuous integration to ensure quality and the ability to quickly provide business value. The developer will also build strong relationships working across boundaries with other teams both internally and externally. This will be a more senior role that is a technical expert, who will coach and mentor other developers on the team and will be an advocate for the product and engineering practices. Focus for this role will be around creating new frontend applications, APIs and integrating with backend services and orchestration layers.
- Participates in planning sessions, backlog refinement, estimation and works directly with the PO to understand business needs
- Works with architecture to refine/understand design for solutions that are being implemented
- Participates in daily product stand up meetings
- Participates in sprint/release retrospectives
- Collaborates and strategizes with integration partners and other product teams to understand requirements and customer needs
- Supports root cause analysis with other members of the teams to understand, resolve and help prevent the recurrence of a problems
- Works closely with test engineers to support testing of the solution
- Works with architecture team to help define the architectural patterns and designs being used; leads the effort to identify different technology options to meet the customer needs
- Ensures that code reviews are complete to meet quality standards; reviews and confirms that security standards are being maintained and evolving to meet the growing security risks
- Establishes and maintains continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices working with the Build Engineer
- Provides support for product in test environments
- Leads and participates in knowledge sharing, and contributes to the overall growth of the team and larger development community
Requirements/ 5-7 Years Experience Preferred:
- CICD and DevOps
- Spring Framework
- Scrum and SAFe
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.