Vice President, Talent Acquisition
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Allstate is seeking a transformational, strategic and innovative Vice President of Talent Acquisition to define and execute our next generation Talent Acquisition Strategy. As a member of the HR senior leadership team the VP has significant impact on shaping Allstate’s transformation by leveraging data and insights to meet the talent needs of a rapidly evolving organization.
Additionally, the VP Talent Acquisition will:
- Lead the newly combined Talent Acquisition Team; responsible for company Talent Acquisition, National Deployment, Executive Recruitment and internal Enterprise Talent Market (ETM)
- Align Allstate’s Talent Acquisition strategy with key business drivers; with a focus on acquiring the skills and capabilities need to achieve Transformative Growth (e.g.: data, digital, analytics, business process redesign, customer centricity, technology (artificial intelligence and machine learning)
- Responsible for the sourcing and employment assessments of exclusive agents, licensed sales producers and exclusive financial specialists, which are independent contractors
- Drive the design, development and delivery of effective strategic recruitment plans
- Manage a holistic and commercial view of sourcing / recruiting across all hiring
- Work across the enterprise to design and deliver innovative and adaptive talent acquisition strategies, in partnership with business leaders and HR Team
- Drive accelerated cultural and operational change within Talent Acquisition to become a more collaborative, analytical, digital, technology-enabled and customer centric HR function
- Review and refine Talent Acquisition practices and re-design processes and the candidate experience leveraging digital technologies and AI
- Consult with executive leadership on talent acquisition strategies, and leads/develops a high performing team who deliver those strategies at all levels of the organization
- Accountable for employee hiring at all levels inclusive of STEM roles, executive recruiting and independent agency hiring, and internal mobility
- Volumes have been ranging from 8-10K hires per year for employees. This position is also responsible employment branding, labor market research and enabling technology and digital acquisition solutions
Key Responsibilities Con't
- Drive high impact sourcing strategies to identify and attract diverse, high performing talent
- Analyze and communicate recruitment trends, results and insights to drive future recruitment activity, improve compliance and reduce risk
- Have a deep understanding of reporting and analytics to help shape sourcing and recruiting strategies
- Measure talent acquisition team with specific metrics and ensure compliance with KPIs
- Analyzing ROI on each strategy to ensure effectiveness
- Monitor and manage all team activity on a continuous basis, ensuring appropriate utilization of workloads across the team
The successful candidate typically has a minimum of 10 to 15 years of related experience in a large, complex organization, with a reputation for excellence. They should be skilled in integrating themselves into an existing organization in a diplomatic and productive fashion while being an effective agent for change. They should also have a reputation as a strategically oriented executive who delivers results, has proven leadership skills, and strong business acumen.
To effectively accomplish this work, the VP Talent Acquisition exemplifies the following skills and behaviors:
- Is a natural collaborator who is authentic, transparent, and honest, aligned with company values and leadership principals and putting the customer at the center of everything they do
- Strong change agility - thrives in a complex, fast paced, rapidly evolving environment. Has led through transformational changes; developing a compelling vision and executing against a plan
- Fosters a culture of excellence, accountability, empowerment, and inclusive diversity
- Influential communicator – clear, honest, effective – across all levels, internally and externally; able to navigate and productively resolve conflict
- Analytical, uses data and insights to inform decisions and promotes and environment that does the same. Fluent in digital strategies and technology advancements to bring automation and new ways of working to the forefront. Ability to interpret data from a variety of internal and external sources and predict trends
- Expertise in HR best practices and innovation with the ability to build sustainable long-term strategies
- Lifelong learner, with a passion for developing talent and leadership at all levels
- Establishes and cultivates relationships with teams, peers and the business as well as externally
- Firm-business specific acumen – knowledge of the organization’s business model, operations, financial goals and competitive position
- Leadership skills, specifically coaching, development and influencing
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.