Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryUnder limited supervision, responsible for the successful design, planning, and deployment of architectures and technologies used within the Infrastructure Production Services organization.
Works collaboratively with engineers across IPS to proactively identify ways to improve and optimize the entire environment, through tactical recommendations and strategic plans. Responsible for collaborating with peers to develop comprehensive solutions across IPS
Takes a lead role in building or buying the technology that will help the enterprise meet its business goals. Responsible for solving integration problems and synching technology frameworks across the organization's business units.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops strategic solutions that align with the business objectives and architectural direction of the organization.
- Drives the design and ensures delivery of departmental and corporate programs.
- Leverages infrastructure technology to develop and/or redesign technology solutions.
- Builds, leverages and maintains effective alliances across technical and business community.
- Interacts with customers, vendors, and leadership to achieve effective, strategic, and fiscally responsible results.
- Seen as a technical expert across the organization and the industry.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience, plus five years of experience in Technology required;
- Alternatively, a Master's degree in CS or a related field and three years of work experience in Technology.
- One year of experience as a technical lead required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Nine years of experience in Technology preferred.
- Three years of experience as a technical lead preferred.
- Expert knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as Network, Database, Server, Storage etc. preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Master level knowledge of one or more of the following technical skills:
- Foundational IT Infrastructure
- Operating Systems
- Knowledge of process discipline and IDLC methodology
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Operates standard office equipment (Frequency).
- Sitting (can stand at will) (Frequency).
- Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Frequency).
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.