Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryPlans at both a tactical and strategic level and manages the effective use of resources, directs and staff to design, develop, maintain and implement Incident Management processes in fulfillment of corporate goals.
Has significant role in the creation of strategic Incident Management policies, processes, workflows and documentation that helps teams manage an incident from start to finish.
Responsible for developing and implementing technology, platform and operational improvements to enhance incident logging with all the relevant information, diagnosing the issue and restoring the service in a timely manner.
A technology leader regarding the utilization of technology to develop and/or redesign the organization's Incident Management practices.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Incumbent may have responsibility for one or more of the following: Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Configuration Management, Release Management, Service Request Management, Capacity Management, and/or Service Level Management.
- Leads team to develop, implement, and maintain assigned IT Service Management processes. Assigned processes are typically large and complex.
- Helps set strategic direction for team and tactically manages resources to achieve organization goals.
- Monitors team execution and ensures that procedures are effective and efficient via continuous improvement process.
- Analyzes and changes processes as necessary. Produces key process indicators and management reports.
- Ensures all stakeholders are sufficiently involved in assigned processes. Maintains and develops relationships with stakeholders.
- Approves procedures, training materials, and work instructions as appropriate.
- Exercises sound cost-effectiveness and manages to project budgets. Identifies if projects will not stick to originally planned budget and adapts plans accordingly.
- Three years of experience in Technology or IT Service Management role required.
- One year of experience managing others or leading technical teams required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelors Degree in Technology or related field preferred. Three years of experience as an ITSM Practitioner preferred.
- One year of experience managing others or leading technical teams preferred.
- Familiarity with Six Sigma, ITIL, Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMi) and/or other process improvement frameworks, methodologies, and best practices preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Able to analyze complex problems and partner with others to determine the appropriate solution.
- Able to identify and resolve the core problem, not just the symptoms.
- Able to effectively optimize resources.
- Team Orientation:
- Excellent customer orientation and communication skills.
- Able to maintain partnerships across the organization and influence senior leaders, peers, and staff.
- Able to balance team and individual responsibilities - puts success of team above self.
- Planning & Project Leadership:
- Able to manage multiple objectives and priorities.
- Able to accurately estimate time and resources needed for a project. Able to set appropriate goals for projects.
- Able to delegate for maximal organizational effectiveness.
- Financial Impact:
- Able to develop a divisional budget and make cost-conscious decisions.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.