Loss Control Field Representative
Alexander & Schmidt is looking for independent professionals with significant experience in the fields of insurance loss control, fire safety and fire prevention, commercial building inspection, industrial safety, environmental safety, construction management or claims adjusting in the commercial property and casualty or workers compensation fields.
At Alexander & Schmidt, a Loss Control Field Representative performs on-site property, general liability and incidental auto inspections and prepare reports for insurance underwriting purposes. Insurance companies use the reports to properly insure commercial or residential buildings or properties for a new policy or renewal of a current policy.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience with a commercial insurance carrier, or working as an independent contractor providing insurance-related loss control, safety or claims services.
- Understanding of commercial property and casualty lines including property, general liability, auto and workers compensation.
- Solid communication skills—including exceptional writing ability, organizational skills, and computer skills.
- Excellent Time management skills.
- Travel within a reasonable territory, 60 mile radius.
- Uploading completed reports, photos and diagrams through a special website or complete reports on web-based systems.
- Professional certifications CSP, OHST, ALCM and/or ARM are a plus.
High-quality, accurate loss control surveys guide the underwriter in the selection of profitable business, and assist the insured in controlling losses through the demonstrated value of the loss control services provided.