Are You Driven? We Are.
We are a company of driven, enthusiastic and determined people. We celebrate achievement and success. We foster innovation, determination and recognition. Because of that, our employees feel recognized and rewarded for the contributions they make on a daily basis. At GAINSCO, It is our people that set us apart.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, perceive how your work impacts the company, and be recognized for your efforts and passion, then GAINSCO is the company for you.
Why Join GAINSCO?
By joining GAINSCO, you become part of a dynamic and growing organization that has been recognized as a Top Workplace in both our Dallas and Miami offices.
GAINSCOs work environment rewards engaged individuals who have a desire to contribute and succeed. Thats because our culture encourages individuals to grow their skills as they build their careers. Come join us and become a champion with GAINSCO.
What does a Part-Time Payroll Specialist do at GAINSCO?
- Update and prepare payroll by reviewing and noting changes in exemptions, insurance changes, deductions, paid-time off, and employment status (i.e. new hires, transfers, terminations).
- Determine payroll liabilities by entering federal, state and social security tax information, 401(k) transfers, wage assignments and garnishments.
- Verify and produce checks or electronic transfers.
- Create an accurate filing system of items processed each pay period.
- Identify and resolve discrepancies.
- Process special check runs for performance or recognition awards.
- Follow up on payroll related mileage expenses and routine monthly bonus calculations for outside sales personnel.
- Responsible for reviewing information received from Human Resources verify the accuracy of information and input.
- Communicate with HR personnel in a clear and concise manner as to what is needed or what is being questioned.
- Update supervisor regarding any issues or concerns during the review process.
- Assists HR with employment verifications, requests from AG offices and SS verifications.
- Serves as back up to the Full-Time Payroll Specialist and must be able to fully process payroll if the Full-Time Payroll Specialist is unavailable.
What is required?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum three years of payroll processing experience using UltiPro Software for an in-house payroll environment is required.
- Experience preparing quarterly and annual payroll tax filings is desired.
- Completion of basic accounting courses a plus.
Other skills and abilities:
- Good organization skills
- Knowledge of payroll laws and regulations
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage own time and meet strict deadlines
- Data entry skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Personal computer, copier, and 10-key calculator
- MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook)
Required behaviors for all positions:
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Conform with and abide by all Company codes, regulations, policies, values, work procedures and instructions
What else do you need to know?
- Schedule: This part-time position works 8:00am to 5:00pm on Monday and Tuesday of each week.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- This is a part-time position without benefits
All offers are contingent upon a background investigation (including employment, education, criminal and DMV verification- when applicable) and a pre-employment drug test with results satisfactory to GAINSCO.
GAINSCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
About Gainsco Auto Insurance
GAINSCO Auto Insurance markets non-standard private passenger automobile products through retail agencies, in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Virginia. GAINSCO Auto Insurance has fully integrated insurance capabilities, including marketing, underwriting, customer service and claims handling. Our operations are bilingual (English/Spanish). If you are looking for a strong stable company with a fast paced environment this is the place for you. At GAINSCO Auto Insurance we take pride in our employees and recognize the importance of strengthening and expanding their skills so they can grow as we grow. We offer an excellent benefits package to our full time employees, which include: Paid Vacation and Holidays; Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability; Life and AD&D Insurance; 401k Retirement Savings Plan.