GRS General Adjuster, Complex Property Claims
Advance your Claims career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
GRS Single Carrier Property is a fast-paced, specialized department that handles complex commercial property claims for our large National Insurance Commercial customers. Our goal in GRS Property is to deliver best-in-class service and outcomes through top quartile claim handling. A GRS Complex Adjuster handles large loss, complex, high exposure or unique issue claims that typically take an extended period of time to bring to resolution. Ensures proper coverage, reserves, file handling and settling of assigned cases. Estimates losses directly or working with consultants, independent adjusters and other experts to assess building, business income, heavy equipment, builders risk and other complex damages. Serves as a liaison to our broker and underwriting partners, with the goal of achieving excellence in customer service and elite underwriting
- Responsible to investigate commercial property claims, determine coverages, determine liability, set and adjust reserves, evaluate claims, negotiate settlements, authorizes and pays claims, etc.
- Conducts onsite inspections of losses, write estimates for repairs. May work with contractors, building consultants or independent adjusters in the estimation process.
- Manage claims for business interruption and proactively manage the periods of restoration. Independently scopes large, complex losses.
- Identifies and fully investigates suspicious losses. Refers claims to SIU where appropriate and may assist in investigation and settling of the claim. May deny claims based on circumstances.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of customers, vendors and external stakeholders, in addition to peers and various levels of management.
- Applies critical thinking skills and sound judgment to various claim and business priorities, as assigned.
- Review lawsuit documentation and supporting documents, claims file, investigation, etc. Establish actions to be taken to resolve lawsuit. Includes determining loss coverage, amounts owed, discovery plans, setting reserves and negotiations.
- Establishes appropriate working team (Home Office Legal, Defense Counsel and Home Office Claims Consultant, based on allegations established in suit. Trains and mentors staff as required and is a liaison with various internal and external business partners.
- May oversee the development and maintenance of data reports and manages claim activity within the unit.
- Keeps abreast of existing and proposed legislation, court decisions and trends and experience pertaining to coverage issues.
- May analyze the impact upon claims policies and procedures and advises Claims Management and personnel to ensure compliance.
- Leads special projects and assists the Product Team and Management with designing and implementing strategic organizational goals. This is 'gated': Staff levels for this role are driven by organizational needs and per senior management and limited to very few incumbents.
- Thorough knowledge of commercial property claims handling, insurance operations; coverage evaluation; claims investigation, loss assessment and reserving, and negotiation and settlement.
- Other skills required; intermediate computer competencies to include Excel, ability to collaborate effectively through teamwork, seek excellence through achieving results, practice continuance improvement and have a customer service focus. Critical thinking skills and a desire for continuous improvement will be essential skills to succeed in this role.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; successful completion of required internal training programs; AIC (Associate in Claims) modules 33, 35, 36; and at least 8 years of progressively responsible experience.
- Estimating knowledge using Xactimate is required, CoreLogic (Symbility) is a plus, as are any Xactimate Level 1,2,3 certifications.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the site of catastrophe for assignments that may last several weeks.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.