Senior Claims Analyst, Professional Liability
Senior Claims Analyst, Professional Liability
Hallmark Financial is a specialty property and casualty insurance holding company with a diversified portfolio of insurance products written on a national platform. With six insurance subsidiaries and offices in Dallas, San Antonio, Chicago, Jersey City and Atlanta, Hallmark Financial markets, underwrites and services over $750 million annually in commercial and personal insurance premiums in select markets. Hallmark Financial is headquartered in Dallas, Texas and its common stock is listed on NASDAQ under the symbol "HALL."
As Hallmark continues to grow, we strive to find talented, innovative and creative professionals to join our team. We offer very competitive compensation and benefit packages combined with a team atmosphere that encourages independent initiative and professional growth.
Position Title: Senior Claims Analyst- Professional Liability- Financial Lines
The Senior Claims Analyst is expected to actively handle Professional Liability claims arising out of policies issued by Hallmark underwriting entities. The Senior Claims Analyst will report either to a Claims Manager or the VP of Claims for Professional lines of Hallmark Enterprise Claims. The Senior Claims Analyst will provide dedicated claims management and claims underwriting support to the Professional Lines Business Unit and will participate in integrated marketing strategy meetings to brand Hallmark products.
The Senior Claims Analyst is expected to investigate and adjust professional liability claims arising out of policies issued by Hallmark underwriting entities. The Senior Claims Analyst will investigate and adjust professional liability claims including, but not limited to, Private Directors & Officers Liability Not for Profit Directors & Officers Liability, Fiduciary Liability, Employment Practices Liability, Miscellaneous Errors & Omissions and Public Directors & Officers Liability and Side A coverage. Such claims will be handled by the Senior Claims Analyst from first notice of loss (FNOL) through resolution; and the claims will be of light, moderate, to severe complexities and value. The Senior Claims Analyst, within their commiserate level of authority, will be expected to investigate, adjust and resolve all aspects of the adjusting process for each claim assigned to them including, but not limited to, coverage, liability, damage evaluations, and resolution. The Senior Claims Analyst should have experience in the handling a broad range of Private Directors & Officers Liability Not for Profit Directors & Officers Liability, Fiduciary Liability, Employment Practices Liability, Miscellaneous Errors & Omissions and Public Directors & Officers Liability and Side A coverage. The Senior Claims Analyst must have the necessary coverage experience with professional liability policies and forms.
- Responsible for the direct claims handling and/or oversight of claims for the Professional Lines Business Unit.
- Proactive claims management pursuant to established claims handling guidelines regarding coverage, investigation, liability, damages, evaluation and resolution.
- Establish reserves pursuant to established reserving protocols and reserve authority procedures for primary and excess Professional Liability claims. Complete Large Loss Reports, where appropriate.
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of state and federal laws applicable to claims arising from the Professional Lines Business Unit.
- Possesses an in-depth understanding of Professional Lines Business Units policy(s) language/coverage applicable to Professional Liability claims.
- Provide support to the Professional Lines Business Unit at Hallmark and participate in marketing efforts.
- Maintain and utilize the Hallmark Vendor databases and Guidelines.
- Maintain appropriate state adjuster licenses; and maintain annual required CE credits.
- Complete large loss reports, as required.
- Maintain and utilize the Hallmark Professional Lines Panel Counsel Program and Litigation Guidelines.
- Undertaking of general office administrative duties as required.
- Strong moral character and work ethic.
- Independent and self starting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to show initiative, exhibit a can do attitude, and provide ideas while working within a team environment.
- Ability to successfully manage a high volume case load.
- Ability to effectively negotiate; and use stated adjuster authority efficiently.
- Ability to simplify, analyze and explain complex coverage and legal issues.
- Ability to be able to review processes and determine opportunities for improvement.
- The ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritize.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum 8-10 years related experience and/or training managing professional liability claims, specifically Private Directors & Officers Liability Not for Profit Directors & Officers Liability, Fiduciary Liability, Employment Practices Liability, Miscellaneous Errors & Omissions and Public Directors & Officers Liability and Side A coverage.
- Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university. Juris Doctorate preference although not essential.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent MS Office, Word, Power Point, and Excel expertise.
- Business travel as required.