PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This is an excellent opportunity to join our growing company and be part of a driven, motivated Human Resources team. The Human Resources Administrator will support the human resources department with complex administrative functions and programs. The position exists to ensure Team Members receive applicable human resources collaboration in order to drive revenue growth in the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Administers HR programs as assigned.
- Plans and executes on tasks associated with on-going HR programs in the Compensation, Benefits, Employee Relations, Talent Development or other HR functional areas in alignment with established timeframes and expected results.
- Prepares paperwork in compliance with regulations or compliance standards, meets with employees, and ensures consistent, clear and friendly communication and a positive customer experience is provided. Conducts follow-up activities and successfully completes processing cycle on time.
- Manages databases information sources and reports associated with assigned programs, as requested.
- Cross trains in other areas of HR. Serves as backup to Payroll processing and audit.
Conducts and/or participates in HR special projects to improve effectiveness, efficiency, compliance or achieve other objectives as established by leadership.
- Creates project plans, timelines, and engages participants on the project team.
- Coordinates completion of tasks, reporting and communications in alignment with HR project standards.
- Completes project commitments in accordance with time, quality and cost standards.
- Oversees Safety and Ergonomics programs. Drafts communications and maintains webpage information.
Conducts analyses, prepares reports and presentations in support of HR initiatives, as requested.
- Supports HR team members with analyses, reports or other information necessary.
- May prepare PowerPoint presentations, facilitate information sessions and facilitate meetings as requested by HR Team Members.
- Serves as back up support to multiple functional areas within HR.
- Facilitates monthly HR Leadership call which includes soliciting topics for discussion, preparing agenda, finalizing PowerPoint presentation, and drafting communication.
Coordinates department appointments, meetings and events.
- Prepares agendas and meeting materials under the direction of meeting/event owner. Maintains minutes or records of attendance as requested.
- Schedules event planning and meeting support for internal and external meeting including logistics such as invitation, materials production, vendor relations and staff support for event.
- Sustains event calendars for department and organization-wide efforts.
- Oversees the Employee Engagement Committee (EIC) and organizes employee events with other committee members throughout the organization.
Delivers highly complex administrative tasks to Manager or Department.
- Provides timely assistance to team members regarding human resource questions and issues.
- Serves as primary point of direct administrative contact and liaison with offices, individuals and external clients/customers on a range of specified issues; organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences and other special events, as required.
- Monitors and coordinates administrative activities as appropriate and prepares internal reports for management.
- Composes and prepares written documentation and correspondence for the office; screens and evaluates incoming and outgoing correspondence as well as prepares responses.
- Coordinates and publishes monthly company newsletter. Solicits articles from various lines of business on an ongoing basis.
Executes record keeping and department operations duties.
- Opens, sorts, prioritizes and distributes mail on a daily basis.
- Responds to general inquiries concerning department activities in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintains inventory and orders supplies and other items on behalf of department.
- Maintains record keeping systems; classifies, sorts and files correspondence, records and other documents.
- Prepares check requests.
- Serves as Zycus administrator for benefits billing and other HR areas, as requested.
Administers all aspects of employee recognition programs.
- Oversees all aspects of the Service Award program. Tracks upcoming awards and notifies leadership, ensures delivery of awards and certificates to team members.
- Monitors Power of One funds with each department and replenishes as needed.
- Administers Go, Give, Grow (G3) Program for charitable contributions and team activities.
- Facilitates the ECM and Elevate Award Program. Prepares communications, solicits nominations, and submits information to selection committee.
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree from a college or university preferred with a major or emphasis in Business Administration, Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field.
Minimum 3 years of human resources related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required. Professional in Human Resource (PHR) certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Experience and/or education in Business Mathematics, Budgeting or other areas involving working with numbers and data. Ability to effectively present information to coworkers and supervisors on a one-on-one basis and to organize information in a presentation is required. Intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as in program/project support. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must possess intermediate data entry skills with the ability to learn enterprise and department specific applications. Must possess analytical and problem-solving skills with particular attention to detail required. Strong organization, oral and written skills required. Knowledge of HRIS systems helpful.
Office environment no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: Problem-Solving and Decision-Making; Assertiveness, Initiative, Insurance Industry Knowledge and Organizational Knowledge.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.