Underwriting Specialist, Public Entity, National Insurance
With an industry focus spanning over 40 years, our Public Entity division is continuing to grow its educational and governmental programs regionally and countrywide. We are currently looking for a Senior Underwriter with experience in all lines of business to join our Education Program Team. In this program you will focus on the education industry to develop, grow and maintain a profitable, diversified book of school business through effective underwriting decision-making, mutually helpful agent/brokers relationships, and application of underwriting tools, systems, and guided resources. You will also lead by example and be a resource for your team members to have consults and mentorships that will elevate and build the collective knowledge of the team in your area of expertise.
- Proactively identify, foster and pursue mutually beneficial agent, broker and customer relationships.
- Evaluate or assesses the business applying for insurance by qualifying accounts; identifying, selecting and assessing risks; resolving premium, policy terms and conditions; obtaining approvals; creating/presenting the proposal to the agent/broker and successfully negotiating deals.
- Demonstrate a high level of responsiveness and focus on supporting Agents and Brokers objectives through successful negotiations. Establishes and maintains the relationship through responsive service, site visits, in person renewal meetings or improved knowledge of their customers businesses.
- Lead a sizable and complex book by analyzing the portfolio, identifying areas of opportunity for improved growth, profit and diversification. Executing marketing plans to increase business with preferred brokers and accepting accountability for those results.
- Document files in a way that reflects a validated thought process and decision-making through comprehensive account reviews, sign-offs and referrals.
- Formally guide, mentors, and coaches underwriters in both technical and professional skills. Demonstrates a specialized knowledge and provides regular updates to other underwriters.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement by fully engaging in daily huddles, generating suggestions, following appropriate procedures and work principles. You will participate in problem solving activities, and using continuous improvement tools to support the work of the team.
Advanced-level knowledge of insurance products/coverage, market segments and marketplace; insurance finance and actuarial concepts; loss control/risk engineering; marketing/selling techniques, regulatory environment and reinsurance; advanced-level knowledge of underwriting, pricing, risk selection, territory management. Ability to apply underwriting/appetite, tools, systems, and resources to achieve goals, solve complex problems, establish and build healthy working relationships, lead mentoring relationships, and negotiate, as normally acquired and a related bachelors degree five to ten years of commercial lines underwriting experience preferred; CPCU or professional insurance designation preferred.
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more creative products and services for our customers.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.