Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary*We are looking for a proven, passionate and results focused Customer Experience Analytics Transformational Leader to join the Travelers Enterprise Customer Experience leadership team.
*As a core discipline within our Enterprise Customer Experience organization, this leadership role is an exciting opportunity to focus on building and transforming a world class customer and agent experience across the Travelers Enterprise and Global footprint. This role will provide the senior thought leadership to design and implement new financial modeling frameworks/analytics for building business case support and reporting financial results/metrics for the Customer Experience (CX) Agile-Journey Transformation across the Travelers enterprise. This leadership position is for the self-starter with a passion for creating best-in-class experiences for our customers. The ideal candidate is strategic, data driven, highly analytical, with an entrepreneurial spirit and ready to roll up their sleeves and collaborate across the organization.
*Core responsibilities include owning and driving the financial and KPI/Metric infrastructure for Our Customer Experience transformation efforts. This position will engage across the enterprise partnering closely with Business Lines, Finance and Enterprise Business Intelligence & Analytics to define the framework and build the core data/analytic capability for Travelers enterprise in support of the CX Agile-Journey Transformation. This position will own the overall development and delivery of the CX Analytics KPI/Metrics evolution for Travelers, building of Framework/Playbook and establishing the community of best practice across the enterprise.
*This role operates as the Journeys CFO and is accountable to set direction and drive strategic alignment related to data/analytics for the Travelers CX Journey Transformations and achieve business outcomes and benefit realization. Including tracking, reporting and communication of key metrics to senior management to translate insights into actions across the enterprise, ultimately creating sustainable customer experiences and increased customer loyalty. This role will lead a team of data/analytic practioners to execute on business analyses, providing insights on customer behaviors and interactions with Travelers to ultimately build a balanced scorecard/metrics set for growth/profitability, efficiency and customer satisfaction.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Create actionable data and analytic oversight strategic vision and framework for the CX agile-journey transformation by developing and maintaining a continuously improving 'playbook' of methodologies/processes, tools and metrics that drive accelerated growth, expense reduction and measurable customer adoption/advocacy.
- Highly visible leadership role that works with all levels of the organization to set vision, develop strategy and drive execution of the analysis of the operational and customer experience data and infrastructure for measuring business financial outcomes.
- Provide analysis and insight for the CX Agile-Journey Transformation to drive increased customer advocacy and loyalty, growth, and reduce cost. Responsible for maintaining a comprehensive view of key metrics and activities and track performance against targets.
- Responsible for partnering with the Finance organization to support Budget and Forecasting activities.
- Development of framework and capability model for analysis of end-to-end CX Agile-Journeys making specific, detailed recommendations that drive documented value (e.g. increased NPS, operational savings and/or revenue enhancement).
- Lead a team of data/analytic practioners that are responsible for analyzing operational and customer experience data related to journeys to identify existing customer pain points as well as proactively identify new issues or customer behaviors based on customer journeys that cross multiple interaction channels.
- Identify and champion improvements to Agile-Journey methodology and advancement of the customer centric operating model change across Travelers globally.
- Present analysis related to journey metrics/scorecards and financial outcomes in a clear manner for consumption by senior executive leadership.
- Effectively partner across Travelers Business Lines and Functions to drive execution of the implementation and analytics of current and future journeys.
- Own framework for journey KPI measurements and scorecards to track the business impact of analytical activities, strategy, and improvements.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of related work experience.
- Proven track record of success and experience in operating in an enterprise function.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 10 years of related experience; Corporate Strategy, Business Intelligence, Data & Analytics, Management Consulting
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Analytics or another related field required. Master's degree preferred
- Strong executive level communication, interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate complex information to non-technical audiences.
- Strong technical skills, and must be expert level in MS Excel and related analytic tools
- Experience in quantitative market research is preferable, especially strong skills relating to Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty
- Demonstrated passion for Customer Experience and acts as an advocate for customers
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Customer success obsession and a bold passion for working towards results and customer satisfaction
- Portfolio demonstrating proven experience with CX analytics achievements and proof points from prior roles
- Demonstrated business acumen by balancing customer experience initiatives with business efficiency
- Strong experience in developing and leading presentations for executives on CX initiatives
- Strong business acumen, strategic planning, analytical, communication, project management, and change management skills.
- Shown ability and aptitude to work within a global, cross-functional team environment and at all levels within the organization to lead, influence and continuously improve people and processes.
- Results-driven behaviors with a consistent focus on getting things done routinely to plan; building consensus with data driven recommendations
- Effective senior communicator able to assemble and clearly articulate key strategies, plans and reports aligned to drive tangible business impact. Strong listening and facilitation skills
- Proficient with leveraging analytics to define key metrics and assess performance; able to confidently provide insights and recommendations for improvement and innovative, robust and data driven solutions
- Strong project management skillset; process driven mindset and capable of prioritizing and managing multiple tasks
- Take intelligent risks to drive momentum and tackles ambiguity to convert to clear operating frameworks
- Detail-oriented, collaborative, always innovating and curious
- Ability to work under pressure managing multiple projects or requests simultaneously while successfully coping with interruptions and redefined priorities.
- Organizationally savvy, with demonstrated ability to influence leaders and facilitate alignment and clear decision-making
- Excellent communicator across all channels and at an executive level
- Strong leadership, collaboration, and influencing skills
- Proactive self-starter, strong team collaborator and outcome-oriented
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.