Employee Benefits Account Manager
What United Agencies is looking for in an Employee Benefits Account Manager
United Agencies is looking to add to their existing family of health benefits account managers. We are a close unit of hard-working individuals and are looking for a like-minded person who will be able to work alongside us. Here at United Agencies we provide prompt, accurate, courteous service to customers, producers and company personnel. We continually grow our insurance knowledge to the highest level possible. We believe in the power of a positive attitude and laughter. We also believe in the importance of having good working relationships with co-workers and being able to share in our successes and failures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following functions are to be performed in accordance with the agency policies and procedures and with the highest degree of ethical standards and confidentiality.
- Provide quality professional service to Employee Benefits accounts.
- Keep informed on current insurance markets, market trends and industry changes
- Participate in meetings, seminars and classes for skill and knowledge development
- Assist other team members as needed
- Facilitate minor claims resolution
- Facilitate enrollment and billing resolution
- Oversee accurate and timely policy and benefit plan implementation from beginning to end
- Process and submit enrollments, change requests, and terminations
- Review employer applications, policies, summary plan descriptions for accuracy
- Track and manage all activities on account policies
- Input and maintain all activities, documentation and client information in agency systems in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide clear direction to other team members assisting on assigned accounts
- Other duties may be assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prefer Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college. High school diploma or equivalent is required. Prefer a minimum of three years of related experience in the health insurance industry. Knowledge of group insurance business as it relates to the enrollment process, processing of claims, handling of billings, customer service and related information.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common insurance policies and contract documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from insureds or insurance carriers. Ability to write and prepare employee memos and professional letters to insureds and carriers. Ability to effectively present information to insureds and carriers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as percentages, adding, subtracting, multiplying and division. Ability to apply mathematical operations to required tasks.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Maintain a current California Health Insurance License. (Must be currently licensed in the state of California)
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- High degree of critical thinking and decision making skills
- High degree of initiative and attention to detail
- High degree of organization
- Ability to perform duties in a high-pressured, high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently with limited supervision or within a group or team.
- Complete knowledge of carriers, industry standard forms and markets
- Deal effectively with a variety of individuals and personalities related to the provision of services designed to retain existing clients
- Positive attitude towards peers, carriers and clients
- Strong, professional written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with general office procedures, including the use and ability to operate general office equipment.
- Familiarity and ability to accurately input data and operate PC in Windows Environment, with emphasis on Word, Outlook and Excel
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms and/or carry, move or transport items from one area to another. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to handle a push cart/hand truck and is able to lift boxes up to 40 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Friendly, Team oriented environment.
- Duties are performed in a fast paced, positive office environment.
- Health Insurance: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health and Life (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Employee Benefits experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: California Life and Health?
Apply for Employee Benefits Account Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly