Customer Service Representative / Account Manager - Health Insurance Benefits - Contract
What United Agencies is looking for in an Employee Benefits Account Manager
United Agencies is looking to add to their existing family of health benefits account managers. We are a close unit of hard working individuals and are looking for a like-minded person who will be able to work alongside us.
Here at United Agencies we provide prompt, accurate, courteous service to customers, producers and company personnel. We continually grow our insurance knowledge to the highest level possible. We believe in the power of a positive attitude and laughter.
We also believe in the importance of having good working relationships with co-workers and being able to share in our successes and failures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following functions are to be performed in accordance with the agency policies and procedures and with the highest degree of ethical standards and confidentiality.
- Customer Service Representative / Account Manager will Provide quality professional service to Employee Benefits accounts.
- Customer Service Representative / Account Manager will Keep informed on current insurance markets, market trends and industry changes
- Customer Service Representative / Account Manager will Participate in meetings, seminars and classes for skill and knowledge development
- Customer Service Representative / Account Manager will Assist other team members as needed
- Customer Service Representative / Account Manager will Facilitate minor claims resolution
- Customer Service Representative / Account Manager will Facilitate enrollment and billing resolution
- Customer Service Representative / Account Manager will Oversee accurate and timely policy and benefit plan implementation from beginning to end
- Customer Service Representative / Account Manager will Process and submit enrollments, change requests, and terminations
- Customer Service Representative / Account Manager will Review employer applications, policies, summary plan descriptions for accuracy
- Customer Service Representative / Account Manager will Track and manage all activities on account policies
- Customer Service Representative / Account Manager will Input and maintain all activities, documentation and client information in agency systems in a timely and accurate manner
- Customer Service Representative / Account Manager will Provide clear direction to other team members assisting on assigned accounts
- Other duties may be assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prefer Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college. High school diploma or equivalent is required. Prefer a minimum of three years of related experience in the health insurance industry. Knowledge of group insurance business as it relates to the enrollment process, processing of claims, handling of billings, customer service and related information.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common insurance policies and contract documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from insureds or insurance carriers. Ability to write and prepare employee memos and professional letters to insureds and carriers. Ability to effectively present information to insureds and carriers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as percentages, adding, subtracting, multiplying and division. Ability to apply mathematical operations to required tasks.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Maintain a current California Health Insurance License. (Must be currently licensed in the state of California)
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- High degree of critical thinking and decision making skills
- High degree of initiative and attention to detail
- High degree of organization
- Ability to perform duties in a high-pressured, high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently with limited supervision or within a group or team.
- Complete knowledge of carriers, industry standard forms and markets
- Deal effectively with a variety of individuals and personalities related to the provision of services designed to retain existing clients
- Familiarity and ability to accurately input data and operate PC in Windows Environment, with emphasis on Word, Outlook and Excel
Job Type: Full-time
- Health Insurance: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health and Life (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Education assistance
Apply for Customer Service Representative / Account Manager - Health Insurance Benefits - Contract
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly