PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Our growth has led to the addition of a new Business Relationship Manager (BRM) role. As a strategic business partner the BRM will lead the planning and execution of initiatives designed to achieve business unit objectives through the effective use of technology. The position contributes to the Business Improvement Alignment Council (BIAC) by actively collaborating with BRM peers to determine strategic direction for both BU specific and enterprise wide IT solutions. The position exists to develop, influence, and implement a partner strategy that aligns a business unit (BU) with IT to achieve BU specific goals and ICW Group enterprise objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Acts as the subject matter expert (SME) for designated department(s) in department needs and workflows.
- Develops and explains a-day-in-the-life for various roles within these departments. Gains significant knowledge in subject matters pertaining to both IT and the business.
- Attends designated department meetings and shadows Team Members.
- Documents the workflows and journeys on how Team Members conduct their day-to-day operations.
- In conjunction with service blueprint SMEs, creates service blueprints and marries Customer journeys with the Team Member processes previously outlined.
- Serves as a trusted advisor to the BU and functions as a key point of contact for IT business stakeholders.
- Establishes and maintains a three-year business and IT solution road map to improve strategic planning and IT resource allocation.
- Utilizes business analysis techniques and business cases to define high-level product features and desired service levels for existing and emerging IT offerings.
- Focuses on business value to develop ideas, including digital awareness, risk assessments, business continuity and business capability requirements.
- Fosters creativity and innovation by staying abreast of industry and technology trends.
- Analyzes business requirements, works with various business and IT teams in identifying data elements and prepare detailed specifications from which programs are written.
- At a business unit level, owns the BRMs functional operating and project/program budget, and performs accurate budgeting and forecasting across operations and projects or programs.
- Develops a deep knowledge of the business partners business unit and builds positive relationship development, both horizontally and vertically.
Defines business requirements for designated department(s)/business units.
- Manages the technology demand pipeline across assigned Business Units and assists Business Unit leaders in defining the business cases for desired initiatives.
- Monitors technology planning and deployment progress in line with business vision by surfacing and shaping demand for technology capabilities and assets; in addition to ensuring that the potential business value from the combined IT capabilities and assets are captured, optimized, and recognized.
- Contributes to key requirements, design and review sessions, key elements of business vision, and identifies business-based risk.
- Defines and approves changes to high-level requirements.
- Ensures collaboration and confirms business resources are available for all projects.
- Promotes business vision into working practice and ensures full adoption of solution created by project.
- Communicates with business leadership to evaluate joint initiatives and proposals to see how they align with established roadmaps and business and enterprise priorities.
- Demonstrates system (e.g. salesforce) capability to solve business problems.
- Works with business users to gather requirements and is accountable for overall solution delivery.
- Anticipates bottlenecks and provides escalation management.
- Analyzes end-to-end, moderate to high complexity business processes in one or more business functional areas.
- Evaluates business requirements for feasibility communicates to BU feasibility of business requirements.
- Works with other business teams/units to identify areas of improvement and assists in scoping, benefit analysis, design and risk analysis of potential solutions.
- Leads the evaluation and scoping of appropriate technologies to meet the evolving needs of the business.
Collaborates with other BRMs and project managers to balance business unit and enterprise level optimization.
- Transfers knowledge on proposed solution and department needs to the other BRMs.
- Collaborates on similar workflows/terminology to make sure there is a common process across departments.
- Anticipates and negotiates tradeoffs and balances business needs versus technical constraints to maximize business benefit for the greater good of the organization.
- Manages enhancement requests post implementation on an established and agreed upon release schedule.
- Monitors reported production issues for opportunities to enhance business technology workflows (e.g. CRM, and IT specific to the BU). Escalates issues to stakeholders when necessary.
- Partners with project/program management organization (PMO) to ensure healthy and well-managed technology initiative portfolio.
- Serves as the business subject matter expert (SME) to assist in the prioritization of technology projects, ensuing that projects align with the technology that best provides maximum ROI, and directs IT strategy in support of the overall business strategy.
- Collaborates with BRM peers to ensure technology strategy, down to functional requirements, work(s) well for every aspect of the business (e.g. CRM).
- Manages projects involving multiple departments or cross-functional teams, focusing on both successful integration of technology and implementation of new IT solutions.
- Assists in development and overall execution of the strategic IT plans, including leveraging company tracking mechanisms, and creating presentations and reports for the board, executive management, and other groups.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university required with a major or emphasis in Business Administration, Business Management, Finance, Computer Science or related field. Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a Business Relationship Manager or similar role required.
Minimum 1 year of experience with Salesforce.com administration, business analyst or development required. Experience in blueprinting and journey mapping required. Minimum 2 years of experience capturing and documenting complex business and functional requirements required.
Minimum 3 years of experience with enterprise CRM platforms preferred. Experience with business project management and managing risk to project plan preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Project Management Professional certification preferred. Business Relationship Management Professional certification (BRMP) preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Extensive knowledge of conducting business requirement workshops. Big picture mindset to act tactically but think strategically. Strong Project management skills managing pipelines, demand generation, deadlines, prioritization and process. In-depth understanding of day-to-day operations and business needs of business unit(s). Highly skilled in negotiation and problem-solving techniques. Ability to positively influence others and to break down organizational silos. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience working with cross-functional teams, and presenting to leadership. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Visio, Excel, Project and PowerPoint. Ability to apply principles of logic to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
Office environment no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: Relationship Building, Organizing and Planning.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.