Ironshore Property Senior Underwriter
The selected Senior Underwriter will underwrite new and renewal business for Ironshores Retail property department in the Southeast Region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exposure evaluation on all classes of property insurance with a concentration in wind storm, earthquake and other catastrophic coverage;
- All Risk property risk analysis and underwriting responsibility;
- Premium determination and negotiation;
- Risk analysis of coverage terms and wordings;
- Client underwriting and production meetings;
- Marketing to retail property producers
- Auditing of property account files
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree or higher
- 4-5 years of insurance underwriting experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of technical underwriting experience with emphasis in the shared / layered commercial property insurance environment;
- Preference will be given to expertise in catastrophe underwriting;
- Experience in the development and review of Probable Maximum Loss (PML), aggregation and zonal limits on all classes of property business;
- Detailed knowledge of an experience with retail insurance brokers in the Southeast region of the US;
- Travel for marketing, client meetings and industry conferences required
- Ability to make decisions according to rules, regulations and procedures;
- Must be able to maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated strategic and marketing capabilities
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.