Underwriting Support Analyst
Working within an assigned territory, associate will be responsible for defining, analyzing and proposing solutions to problems and questions identified by the underwriting staff for all GIG programs. Interacts with various departments within GIG in all areas of insurance company operations to ensure compliance between systems, billing and underwriting. Communicates with Underwriting Managers and staff to promote cohesive workflows. Performs various duties such as: research ODEN rules and regulations; maintain billing logic and commissions; broker resets; clearance processes and manual billing.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years property-casualty agency or company experience required.
- Demonstrated experience working in an insurance environment with proven knowledge of MGAs, brokerage, retail and carrier operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems analyses techniques.
- Superior verbal and grammatical ability required to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated and willing and able to meet strict deadlines.
- Technical level knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Working knowledge of GIG systems preferred, including Policy Decisions, ConceptOne, PCN, and ImageRight.
- Successful completion of IIA General Principals of Insurance (INS 21, 22, 23) or equivalent college level course work or possess Pennsylvania P&C license.