AMS Technical Assistant
- Assist AMSs in preparing quotes including reviewing information in CLAS against submitted applications and entering information in CLAS as needed. Provide the AMS a detailed review of information as entered in CLAS and identify the items found to be inaccurate or incomplete.
- Provide guidance to Agents and other departments regarding various underwriting information including the commercial lines automated system. Reinforce the ease of doing business with Selective by meeting or exceeding expectations and service quality on a consistent basis.
- Gather necessary underwriting information for quoting risks such as ISO Rates, WC Mods, MVRs, prior records background check including payment history and loss runs, and other information as requested by the AMS. Review AAL, check distance to coast, and order risk meter as appropriate per guidelines or at AMS direction.
- Rate policies and/or prepare quotes as required, including checking internet for website information (i.e. superpages.com & bluebook.com), and checking machinerytrader.com for all IM pieces greater than $100,000. Apply knowledge and understanding of coverage forms, rating plans, company guidelines, and individual authorities.
- Complete information, including experience rate (GL and Auto), IM schedule, large property and auto schedules, and ITV calculation and review. Order SMS surveys at the direction of the AMS. Apply knowledge and understanding of coverage forms, rating plans, and guidelines in review of the applications and pricing of quotes, new business and/or endorsements. Ensure adequate pricing through proper classification, accuracy of information, and adherence to company underwriting standards and philosophy.
- Answer questions and resolve system and rating related issues for the AMS. Handle any verbal and written correspondence with agents as required. Take necessary measures to obtain information needed to finalize inquiries/transactions. Maintain a suspense and follow-up system for outstanding underwriting items, as directed by the AMS.
- Issue policies as directed by the AMS; confirm all required information is complete or requested before issue. Enter underwriting information such as equipment schedules, mortgagees, and loss payees in CLAS. Review forms based on program guidelines and coverage requirements. Verify Non-qual coverage and other system items to ensure the policy records properly.
- Work with agents on confirmed book rollover opportunities. Price and quote within underwriting guidelines established for the book roll; refer accounts outside of guidelines to the AMS or inside underwriter.
- Service customer billing inquiries which require the ability to establish account billing activity based on knowledge of the billing system, develop payment plans beneficial to company and client adhering to company guidelines and record actions.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- 2-4 years of insurance industry experience preferred
- 1 year data entry/reporting experience preferred
- 1 year underwriting experience preferred
- Line of business experience a plus (commercial lines, flood, etc.)
- Demonstrate proficiency in the usage of all supplied desktop tools; including the automated underwriting system and email.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently within level of authority.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplace.
Licenses & Certifications